Wonderland Models, Edinburgh

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Quick heads up for this shop. Hornby spare wagon wheels  found inexpensive compared to elsewhere. Why Hornby wheels? To replace Dapol Milk Tanker wheels (on advice from a respected 'friend').

They also delivered within 24 hours despite my having messed up my card payment that was initially declined.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Wonderland is a great shop to browse through, not so much for Railways. I think they only stock Hornby and most of it is full retail price, but you do find occasional bargain. However their construction kit collection is excellent with all major brands stocked. Also into R/C. A really great shop I try to visit whenever I'm in Edinburgh.

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Premium

Wonderland is a great shop to browse through, not so much for Railways. I think they only stock Hornby and most of it is full retail price, but you do find occasional bargain. However their construction key collection is excellent with all major brands stocked. Also into R/C. A really great shop I try to visit whenever I'm in Edinburgh.

Yes, it appears to be a real Toy Shop with some standard model railway stuff.

P

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't say toy shop . It is definitely a model shop but I think it also has dolls houses as such, but mainly Construction kits, railways , diecast, scalextric and Radio Control. Very well stocked.

• RMweb Premium

It's on Lothian Road, just uphill from the Usher Hall. They have a small model railway section - nothing compared to Harburn Hobbies - but are very good for other things. Their military modelling section is significant, with a large selection of Airfix, Hasegawa and other kits; and they have a wide selection of paints, glues and modelling materials.

John

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

I have to agree with previous comments about this being a good model shop; not just selling kits but lots of useful stuff in the ways of tools, materials, and after-market items.  Most of the staff seem to be modellers, too, so advice is there if needed.

No connection other than as satisfied customer.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A big thumbs up from me. I was seeking 3 additional Hornby GWR coaches to take an HST set up to the full 2+8. An internet search showed Wonderland Models to be cheapest and I placed an order on Friday.

Several automated emails on Friday / Saturday confirmed my order had been picked / packed / despatched and emails from DPD confirmed delivery for today. From this I was able to have the package redirected to a local DPD pick up point and I've just collected my coaches this evening.

Hadn't heard of Wonderland Models before, but will certainly be checking them out for any future online orders. A Happy Chappy.