Scale Trains/Scale Model Trains online index?

Alex TM

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help with this?  I'm looking for an index to the above magazine(s) to enable me to find three specific layout ideas that they published.

Just in case anyone knows which editions rather than the generic index, the three articles are:

Holyhead Breakwater Railway;

Prestatyn & Dyserth Branch; and

The Willow Valley.

The latter was a freelance layout with an extension; it's this extension that I am trying to find.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

There's an on-line Index for their successor, Model Trains International:-

http://index.mtimag.co.uk/

...but you probably knew that anyway. And of course ST/SMT were definitely Pre-Internet Era too.

Willow Valley was first published in 1981 or so I think; I know I didn't read much about the extension to it as distribution of Scale Trains became quite eratic at times, & it also coincided with my "late teens" temporary losing of interest in trains to *ahem* other pursuits. We've all been there!!

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

Thanks F-Unit and Dave.  That'll help trying to source copies.

F-Unit - that distraction lasted quite some time here too, though I am now married to someone who likes steam locos and traveling behind them (I believe that's called a result)!

Regards,

Alex.

• 6 months later...

Not sure if you are still after the info, Alex, but I've been going through my old railway mag's and found the following;

Holyhead Breakwater Railway: Scale Model Trains, Vol 5, Issue 7, March 87

The Willow Valley: Scale Model Trains, Vol 1, Issue 1, April 82

Vol 1, Issue 2, May 82

Vol 1 Issue 3, June 82

Vol 1, Issue 5, Aug 82

Vol 1, Issue 6, Sep 82

Vol 1, Issue 8, Nov 82

The Willow Valley: Model Trains, Vol 2, Issue 12, Dec 81

Vol 3, Issue 1, Jan 82

Vol 3, Issue 2, Feb/Mar 82

I have yet to find anything on the Prestatyn & Dyserth Branch.

HTH

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if you are still after the info, Alex, but I've been going through my old railway mag's and found the following;

I have yet to find anything on the Prestatyn & Dyserth Branch.

Was that article not just called the Dyserth Branch?  IIRC it was an inglenook layout in EM built in a folding paste table.  If it is the same one I'm thinking of, it's in Scale Model Trains July 1984 (and possibly continued in August 1984 issue).

HTH

Moxy

There were a few articles on the "paste table" theme, I did glance at them but I (mistakenly maybe) thought they were about Walkely's layout. I will have another look tomorrow and continue trawling through the rest of the Model Trains and Model Trains International issues.