Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo

Ordering from C&L

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#151 Greenmodelmonkey

Greenmodelmonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 22:04

As this product base is a now produced in a cottage industry type way we should respect this and just be thankful that it's still being produced, even if the speed and availability is not what it used to be....
  • Agree x 6
  • Like x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#152 KalKat

KalKat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationIn hearing of the Bluebell

Posted Today, 01:02

Hummm............................. I'm probably going to cause ructions with this - but here goes..........

It seems odd that having taken over a company that is possibly most people's choice for buying track components, Phil* has managed to arrange himself into a corner.

He seems to have little time available to pick,pack and send orders whilst 'on shed' because he has shows to attend.  Looking at the show diary, it would appear he will be inordinately busy packing, attending then unpacking for shows, all with the attendant travel too. Now this wouldn't be an issue if you could collect at shows , but on the front of his site it states -

I am suspending the arrangement for the time being of orders to be collect at show as this has had a big impact on my time when I should be restocking the stand their are some exceptions to this rule by arrangement.

I am concerned that if this situation continues, will C + L be up for sale again soon?

Emma

*I couldn’t find the gentleman's surname

#153 martin_wynne

martin_wynne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,853 posts
  • LocationWest of the Severn, UK

Posted Today, 01:23

Now this wouldn't be an issue if you could collect at shows

Presumably you can buy what you want at shows, if available. You could then cancel an outstanding mail order for the same items.

The big difference is if available. Phil's problem with outstanding orders is almost certainly that some items are in stock and some not, or are not yet packed ready for despatch. So getting complete orders ready for collection in time for a show is a big headache, while simultaneously preparing for the show.

One big advantage of attending shows is that you can get some turnover for what you actually have in stock, without all the hassle of mail orders containing items which you don't.

Been there, got the T-shirt.

Martin.