Blog- Re-Points - Re-Points 3

RSS Fetcher

If only I could do less thinking and more modelling.. :O

The plan was to build the formation in 2FS. If all went well, my secret plan was to extend it into a very corrupted version of Blackwall - deeply atmospheric but very compact.

I had thought about Blackwall for the 2MM DJLC, but couldn't get a practicable 600 x 240mm slice out of it. Ron Heggs' comments in my last entry made me wonder about the scale. I really would like a small 4mm scale scenic test track to run my limited amount of BR stock on. How compact could I make Blackwall in 4mm scale? Here is a scale plan of the real station, without my changes and additions. Squares are sq ft in 2mm scale.

My plan was to add a small loco siding and a goods line into the docks

The essential thing is to try and retain the general proportions of the section around where the bay platform terminates, to retain the atmosphere. Everything else can be shortened. The single line platform can be non-scenic beyond the start of the main station building, as it is pretty well invisible. It could easily be just a narrow plank with a track on it. That leaves a scenic area of around 6ft. Not bad for a 4mm test track.

So then, this project is most likely now to be built in 4mm scale - just not sure when and how just yet. I will have to do some more thinking! :O

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-26366-0-46413700-1508005426_th
  • blogentry-26366-0-68056500-1508006092_th
  • blogentry-26366-0-76814300-1508006708_th

View the full article