Bonnington Goods – OO
CSX Rensville – USA – Ho
Bodmin – GWR 1930’s – N Gauge
Callaton – 2FS
Framsden – 2FS
Gomersall Town – 2FS
RNAS Glencruitten – 2FS
Tinytown - Z

NB. St Cross and RNAS Glencruitten are on 1st outings. Bodger creek and Kingsfield are on 1st visits to the NW. TMS will be Bodmin’s last show!

Demonstrators, clubs and Societies:
Scalefour Society
Association of Larger Scale Railway Modellers
N Gauge Society-SK Area Group
OO9 Society (TBC?)
Brian Davies – 4mm wagon loads
Graham Beckwith – 7mm figure painting
Jim Barry – 3mm/TT Locomotive construction
Michael Osborne –scratch built broadgauge 7mm wagons
Andy Clayton – Locos and stock for Glasgow Queen St in EM
2mm Scale Association
Architectural Models – Ken Ball
Plastic kit building – Roger Davies
Rupert Brown - Designing models across the scales
National Association of Road Transport Modellers
Airfix Special Interest Group - IPMS
Merseyside Group – IPMS
High Peak Flying Club
Mailed Fist War-gaming Group
MDK Gamers - Wargaming design and play
TMS – Stewards Zone
Large scale model boats (sailing or wet stand) these operate in the pool twice daily.
Richard Dalimore - Figure painting and 148th scale road vehicles ( Sunday only)

Agnoria Models - Bismark project in 100th scale

Andy Massey - Mahmod steam engines

Stephen Fletcher - 1/76th scale model fairground

Derek Osgood - Large scale RC trucks

John Mallinson - Gunpla models

NB. This year the 2mm Association stand is a mini expo with many demonstrators, main stand and 4 working layouts. The 2017 TMS is a last attendance for Ken Ball, who retires from demonstrating soon. Richard Dalimore, Rupert Brown and Michael Osborne are all new to TMS this year.

Traders:
ABC Model Railways
SMTF
Todmorden Model Supplies
GFB Designs
Axminster Tools
Bespoke Signs
Stephenson carriages and Millholme Models
Grosmont Bookshop
Culceth Model Railways
Easi-products
David Lanchester- Military history books
Friends of The Model Show – 2nd hand sales stand

Poynton Marie Curie fundraising group - Sweets and Popcorn sales stall

Yew Tree Lane
Poynton
Cheshire
SK12 1PU

Sat- 10am-5pm

Sun-10am-4.30pm

Adults £6.00
Uniform ID UK forces and Service personnel £5.00
£3.50 after 3.30pm sat only
U/16’s free (max 2 per adult)

Full disables access, hot and cold refreshments, home baked cake stall, ample free parking.

See website for updates, travel and full details at: themodelshow.co.uk

Edited by Long Line

Well, this means it's getting to that time of year again when The Model Show is upon us.

I've got the honour of being invited back again with my plastic abuse roadshow ( detailing stock for Glasgow Queen St EM )..... The GQS ( EM ) team have been working hard this year on the layout itself and I have been abusing more plastic in the form of Locos and coaching stock for the layout.

We'll have the laptop on the go with a load of progress shots for Glasgow Queen St ( EM), so come along and have a chat.

Mark puts in an enormous amount of effort into this show and looking at the layout list, this year is no exception. Straight away I notice one brand New Layout from John Baxendale in On30. If you've never seen any of John's layouts, you really need to come along and see some of his innovative scenic ideas. This new layout 'Bodger Creek and Northern', is having its first ever outing in the North West - in fact it's only been seen once and that was at Shepton Mallet for the Narrow gauge show.

Anyway, not long now. Do y'know, I get really excited about demoing at this show!

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

I also forgot to mention in yesterdays post about my Layout - it's having a purpose built, very shiny Website all of it's own being put together that has been worked upon for the last few months, which should in theory be ready before this show so watch this space as they say.

cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reminder Big Andy!

This will be the first outing for RNAS Glencruitten:-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/109742-rnas-glencruitten-relocating-lenabo/page-8

and I'm still wiring it up....need the countdown clock music in the background (or Mission Impossible...).

Please say "hello" if you are coming along, and be gentle, not only is it the layout's first outing it will be my first exhibition as an exhibitor.

Just made a few alterations and some additions to the line up in our opening post..as late entries confirm.

Even at this late stage we still are waiting on details or commitments from some others (not listed yet) and ill put these up once they've done so

All coming together now...not quite time to panic yet  LOL

cheers Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it, when you get invited as an exhibitor to an exhibition, it seems like light years away...................then in what appears to be the space of a few days, it's like "Bl**dy Hell! It's next weekend"...??

Seemed like eons away when I spoke to Mark early on in 2017 about attending TMS, and here we are, nearly upon us.

Get yourselves in the mood for some Christmas modelling - there's plenty going on in this show to keep everyone happy and as always, I really look forward to seeing the model boats and submarines in the swimming pool! Such a big kid really, but whenever do you get the chance to see model submarines do their stuff? Especially in the warmth of a leisure centre.

Looks as though there is in excess of 15 layouts this year and a couple of first appearances in the North. Link to their website: http://www.themodelshow.co.uk/?page_id=1271

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

We are staging a modelling demo and publicity stand at Manchester this weekend, so if your visiting say hello and pick up our free programme in advance of next weekends activities.

well also be giving away simple glider kits for the littlest modelers.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I would like to point out that I am down as building broad gauge wagons. This is a mistake, I am building standard gauge pre-grouping wagons. Just in case anyone is expecting anything G.W.R I don't want to disappoint them.

• Like 1

Apologies ..my mistake that...must get ears cleaned out lol...still scratch built wagons!

Impressive stuff!!

I would like to point out that I am down as building broad gauge wagons. This is a mistake, I am building standard gauge pre-grouping wagons. Just in case anyone is expecting anything G.W.R I don't want to disappoint them.

Edited by Long Line

As we start this; the build up week to our show, we have a very busy few days infront of us!

We remind our exhibitors and traders that all attendance information is accessed via our website in the usual manner.

To our many visitors: travel advice and locations maps are on our website.

As ever our websites updates section is the place to see any last minute news and instructions.

We wish you all a safe journey and an enjoyable show.

The freinds of the models show.

ps- There's a bit of fun to be found this morning via our facebook page from last year, unfortunately the film crops off the bottom 1/6th of the room, but is none the less amusing...

Edited by Long Line

Just watched that timelapse clip on Facebook! In about 30 seconds, it tells you all you need to know about the trials and tribulations of putting a Model Railway exhibition on over two days!

Only another couple of days and we'll be doing it all again - someone remind me again, just why we do this to ourselves.........?!

cheers

Andy

Just watched that timelapse clip on Facebook! In about 30 seconds, it tells you all you need to know about the trials and tribulations of putting a Model Railway exhibition on over two days!

Only another couple of days and we'll be doing it all again - someone remind me again, just why we do this to ourselves.........?!

cheers

Andy

It is a lot of work Andy...your right!

Personally i think we do it because we enjoy it! and more over are capable of doing so, and so for as long as we can should: for the betterment of the hobby and society as a whole. How else will our hobby survive?

As to why TMS exists alongside some wider considerations, may be found on our website via the below link:

http://www.themodelshow.co.uk/?page_id=136

My only wish would be that society and more specifically the state, assisted us better in promoting the genre. Not necessarily by giving us money: better by charging us less for venues we've already paid to build through taxation; or by permitting considered advertising in public spaces. If you walk around our village for example you will commonly find the public notice boards we've paid to have erected filled with the councils over officious toilet paper, not adverts for forthcoming events and you wont have enough fingers to count how many shows loose their traffic signage this year!

So we do our best...its never good enough...just what we can manage to do!

Some of the TMS team are off down the village in the cold tonight to give the local audience message one last push at the Christmas Festival. 

cheers

Mark

Yup, it was a bit tongue in cheek my comment, I really do enjoy doing a show weekend.

It's the whole atmosphere I like. You get a whole bunch of people under the same roof, who all have the same hobby in common and it really does become a great social occasion. I'm lucky enough to still have my faculties in enough places to be able to do some whittling and as I've been doing it for the best part of my life, I'm now at the stage where I can pass a few tips onto other modellers.

I totally agree with Mark's comment about how the Councils around the country 'Help' social events such as Model Railway Shows. They generally show their 'support' by charging vast sums of money for venues good enough to hold an exhibition. Once they've then aided the organisers by extorting every last pound they can, they then go the extra mile and take down any advertising posters or more specifically, directional signs, just to really hammer home what community activities mean to them!

Exhhibition managers really are up against it from the off and rarely get any recognition for their efforts. Sure, the sign of a good show are the plaudits received on forums such as here, but as for personal thanks - they rarely get mentioned. As for The Model Show, I know for a fact that the exhibition team do not make a penny out of the show, in fact, quite often they are out of pocket at the end of the weekend!

The love of the Hobby keeps it going though and I would say that if any modellers out there have never been to this show, give it a try. Mark has listened to all the feedback and goes above and beyond to try and bring a show to the area that is worth the effort of attending. If you think about how many exhibitions there now are in this area alone, it's no mean achievement to bring in layouts that a/ are new or b/ haven't been seen in the North West before.

We are well into the swing of Christmas now, so if you want to find that extra bit of Railway for your child's stocking or treat yourself to something yourself, come on down to The Model Show this weekend. You won't be dissapointed.

cheers

Andy

• Like 2