Deltics 16 & 22 - An Update

Wild Boar Fell

Same here, I'm only interested if they're BR blue with pre-TOPS numbers without D prefixes. As a matter of interest, I wonder what the price will be ?

I've heard due to inflationary pressure each will be over £1000, this is getting ridiculous and neither is anything like the prototype.

• RMweb Premium

The serious point is that both require a lot of money spent on them to bring back to working order, D9016 being under overhaul and 55022 with both engines failed. Let's see who''s got the deep pockets to do this. D9016 was a great attraction on the GCR a few years back but the external conditon was pretty poor and only running on one engine.  The DPS has invested in the infrastructure to do major overhauls and has built up the reserve of spare components for its 3 locos.

Dava

These two loco's have always been a money pit and owners have had a rough time with them. These are the diesel versions of Flying Scotsman. This highlights the problem that is now facing a lot of loco owners because spares are rare and repairs cost can be through the roof. I know of one loco that has had £40000 spent on it's gen set which not all owners can pay out

Has anyone tried to see whether they will mate? I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest in Baby Deltics.

I'm not certain how you determine gender, but unless you know for sure one is female and one male, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm not certain how you determine gender, but unless you know for sure one is female and one male, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I thought they were hermaphrodite, same as Westerns. Not sure what the Fell was, it's engines seem to have multiplied by mitosis