If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from a new member

Antony Jenkinson

I have finally got around to becoming a member of this excellent web site, it has been compulsory reading for me as often as possible for some time (years!)  - Tony Jenkinson from Morecambe - Hello!

Firstly, a big thank you to Andy Y for running and managing this site - it is a marvellous resource and also very enjoyable entertainment, your hard work is appreciated.

Thank you too to all the regular contributors who make the site what it is, you have a lot of knowledge and we are fortunate how willing you are to share it.

I will never be a modeller, I just enjoy collecting (and 'playing with'!) models of the trains I remember or of some of the real thing I watch today.

My areas of interest are the 'steam railway of the 1960s - particularly the LMR in north west England - I was brought up in Windermere, living next to the railway; also I'm very interested in those railways that serve(d) areas like the Scottish highlands, rural Wales and the far south west of England; particular favourites are The Callander and Oban, The Cambrian and the Kingsbridge and Padstow lines. Currently I really enjoy the chance to see and ride behind the class 37/4s working in Cumbria and north Lancashire.

Regards from Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Welcome Tony. As I also became a new member very recently, I echo your comments on a most excellent website and marvellous resource, whatever your particular railway interest may be. And wholeheartedly agree that a very big thanks must go to Andy Y (and anyone else that assists) for running and maintaining this wonderful site.

Regards, Ian.