Around 100' of Tillig flexible track in 10"+ lengths

gordon s

I'm having a massive clearout at home and came across a box of short lengths of Tillig track.  This has all come from the first version of my own layout, Eastwood Town and I was about to bin the lot, when I thought maybe a school or similar might find a use for them.

What's the catch?  Well the shortest is around 10" long and the longest around 15".  Before I knew better I used Peco track pins, so sleepers etc have drilled holes in them and there is the occasional wire soldered on.  They could be brought into service in hidden yards or just used for children etc with fishplates joining each length.

I don't want to put them on eBay despite some of the junk I've seen for sale as I don't want the hassle.

I'll even pay the postage to get them to you (UK only) if it's a genuine cause that will benefit others.  My gut says just bin the lot, but my heart is saying they could bring happiness to others who won't go over them with a vernier..... :no:

If you have a good cause in mind, let me know and I'll do the rest.....Otherwise it's off to the bin......

post-6950-0-43653900-1509040752_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi is this still available? I am an 18 year old ex-home educated student helping to run a model railway club for a small number of home educated students, two of whom are on the autistic spectrum. Having this track would help them to build a club layout. I'm sure the students would really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Hi Robin.  You're in luck.  They are still here, but I would have taken them to the tip last weekend, but got sidetracked.  Hopefully you can make something from them, but I'm sure you'll have some fun either way.

Please mail me your address via the RMweb system and I'll take care of the rest.

• Like 1

I'm having a massive clearout at home and came across a box of short lengths of Tillig track.  This has all come from the first version of my own layout, Eastwood Town and I was about to bin the lot, when I thought maybe a school or similar might find a use for them.

What's the catch?  Well the shortest is around 10" long and the longest around 15".  Before I knew better I used Peco track pins, so sleepers etc have drilled holes in them and there is the occasional wire soldered on.  They could be brought into service in hidden yards or just used for children etc with fishplates joining each length.

I don't want to put them on eBay despite some of the junk I've seen for sale as I don't want the hassle.

I'll even pay the postage to get them to you (UK only) if it's a genuine cause that will benefit others.  My gut says just bin the lot, but my heart is saying they could bring happiness to others who won't go over them with a vernier..... :no:

If you have a good cause in mind, let me know and I'll do the rest.....Otherwise it's off to the bin......

attachicon.gifDSCF8796.jpg

nice thing to do dude....hope it brings you some good Karma  :sungum: