Cheltenham Model Railway Exhibition October 28th/29th 2017

D9502

• RMweb Gold

Hi  What a lovely day, great layouts in a friendly setting and a lovely cup of tea- complete with saucer !  Allt y Graban roada fine understated end to end P4 layout trains kept running at a busy line rate and the interchange sidings kept shunter busy, but nothing as like  the cassette swappers each end - also drivers. I did not envy their shifts but a good show gents ! 

Not to under do the other layouts but Minehead which seemingly been in store for a while was running well with a good summer saturday service. Lynton in 009 and Barton Hill in N flew flag for 9mm perfectly . Several scaled mini layouts flew flag for micros really well. One differing take on  theatre  was the model bus federation layout - all the same fun as a railway but the track invisible but still overtaking, looping stops and depot sidings. The operator was like an organ player with a row of  stop buttons on the front and played a great tune- the crowd around it attested to the fun.  

If you see this had have a chance GO you will not be disappointed.  A big thanks to all involved made a day recovering from a bug much more enjoyable.

Robert  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Assuming no unscheduled changes to my plans, I'm planning to drop in tomorrow.

The new enlarged venue is a real bonus and Mike Walker has got a very good selection of layouts - and quite a bit for the bus enthusiast ( and cake fans) as well. I think Derails are the trade tomorrow.(Cheltenham MC today)

I also visited the exhibition today. It's one of my favourites. As has been said before, a great selection of layouts. 

The stock on Allt-y-Graban Road was excellent with some of the best weathering I have seen. Good slow speed running. 

A very friendly show with operators and demonstrators taking time to explain things to young and old. 

If you are in the area tomorrow visit the exhibition. Well recommended.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today. Good to see Phil and his DCC demo, and someone very kindly let me help run (*searches for spelling*) Allt y Graban.

Whoever it was that was operating Dock Street Sidings helpfully informed me of various tricks of the trade when it comes to DCC.

• Like 1