Great Western Journal 103

westerner

Seems that WHS Ealing have deleted GWRJ from their stock lists, so they won't be stocking 103.

That's probably what's happened at multiple WH Smiths then - thanks for the info.......I gave up in finding one and ordered via mail order...

Seems that WHS Ealing have deleted GWRJ from their stock lists, so they won't be stocking 103.

Having asked in WHS Exeter on Thursday it would appear they too have it showing as deleted from the stock list,

• RMweb Premium

It's not been spotted in either branch of smiffs in Plymouth as yet and I expect that it has been deleted from their list here, as well. Fortunately next week I am visiting my parents, so I hope I can find a copy to get me mits on a copy in Worcestershire or Brum.

It's not been spotted in either branch of smiffs in Plymouth as yet and I expect that it has been deleted from their list here, as well. Fortunately next week I am visiting my parents, so I hope I can find a copy to get me mits on a copy in Worcestershire or Brum.

Don't bank on it - I had the last one from The Fort.

None in the large WHS in central Bristol today.!

I shall be in Weston-s-Mare tomorrow, Exeter Thursday and Dawlish and Teignmouth  on Friday.

If nothing at these places, I will give up looking and stop chasing around to spend my money.

It is the wrong way around, any business selling items should be chasing  the potential customers.

I am beginning to think s*d them.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I've not bothered running round different shops hunting it, I just went hunting on line and purchased for a very reasonable price, less than I would have spent driving to a shop to try and buy a copy. 

I've not bothered running round different shops hunting it, I just went hunting on line and purchased for a very reasonable price, less than I would have spent driving to a shop to try and buy a copy. 

I have not been running around shops for that one reason.   I just look in when I am in the area, away in the caravan for instance.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The Titfield Thunderbolt has received more orders for GWJ 103 than it normally does, possibly because it is the last issue or more likely because of what does now appear to be patchy availability across WH Smith branches.

post-19301-0-53300200-1510830016.jpg

This has resulted in an out of stock situation here in Larkhall. Fresh supplies are being sent out to me today so I should have stocks from tomorrow, Yodel allowing.

Apologies to anyone who has ordered from the Titfield Thunderbolt and is waiting for a delivery, you have not been forgotten and I will send you your order as soon as I can.

As a bonus, Paul and Ann are apparently busy packing up the next issue of MRJ (259) so this should hit the streets soon.

Simon

• Like 2

Thanks for all the warnings re Smiffs. I've just managed to 'bag' a copy from Booklaw - their website said '1 in stock' so I was lucky! Am I the first to notice the similarity between the cover photos of 103 & 1 (which of course was the second issue)? The camera position & angle are virtually identical, a GW 4-6-0 is the main subject, just c20 years difference! A coincidence?

Martin

None in the large WHS in central Bristol today.!

I shall be in Weston-s-Mare tomorrow, Exeter Thursday and Dawlish and Teignmouth  on Friday.

If nothing at these places, I will give up looking and stop chasing around to spend my money.

It is the wrong way around, any business selling items should be chasing  the potential customers.

I am beginning to think s*d them.

Keith

I found nothing in any of the WHS I visited,  but I went into a small convenience store in Dawlish and they had several copies.

After this episode I will never buy any other items from this publisher and associated business's,  also in future I will purchase all my magazines, newspapers etc. from independent newsagents, I will not visit WHS for anything again.. The customer and spender of money is the most important person in any business, so as I said before S* d them.

Keith.

Three left in my local newsagents - perhaps I should bag the lot and flog 'em for a profit on that well known auction site.

Eg:  RARE!!!!!!  Last ever issue. COLLECTORS ITEM!!!!!!

With a starting price of say £10, plus £3.50 delivery.

You know, I'd feel so embarassed doing something like that.....

Don't blame your local WHS branch. I was told some time ago by the staff in Newtown that Smiths HQ would quite often delete a magazine from their list; they found out when it didn't arrive.

Jonathan

To be honest I agree. The staff in WHS on the ground who I have spoken with about 103 have been very professional and have been very accommodating to assisting in the hunt for my elusive prey. I feel they are taking the brunt of HQ’s lack of customer focus. Also, similar to a fellow contributor to this thread, I am seriously contemplating the ditching WHS going forward to being a source of buying publications....

GBMRG

Edited by GBMRG
  • Like 2