Great Western Journal 103

westerner

Don't blame your local WHS branch. I was told some time ago by the staff in Newtown that Smiths HQ  would quite often delete a magazine from their list; they found out when it didn't arrive.

Jonathan

Probably a beancounter in a back office calculating the sales to shelf pound-footage ratio or some other totally irrelevant statistical function. 

But its a blokes mag so they can terminate it with impunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to obtain past GWRJ magazines cheaply? After all, older magazines do not have the same value.

The cheapest way is to find them at a heritage railway where you might get a job lot. Ebay usually has a few and, occasionally, you can get a good deal on a lot with many issues. Otherwise, even the old ones, for for a few quid. Also worth checking wild swan’s site.

David

• RMweb Premium

The cheapest way is to find them at a heritage railway where you might get a job lot. Ebay usually has a few and, occasionally, you can get a good deal on a lot with many issues. Otherwise, even the old ones, for for a few quid. Also worth checking wild swan’s site.

David

Thanks. Since I am overseas, Ebay will have to do.The only thing is shipping overseas when buying magazines can get pricey.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Perhaps Cygnet are waiting for all the SAEs to determine how much demand there will be, whereas people have not sent in their SAEs because they're waiting for the next issue to be announced here before sending in their order. Somehow I think that's not going to work very well.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps Cygnet are waiting for all the SAEs to determine how much demand there will be, whereas people have not sent in their SAEs because they're waiting for the next issue to be announced here before sending in their order. Somehow I think that's not going to work very well.

I have thought about it, but I have yet to do it, after all you can't rush these things and on past performance I wouldn't expect anything before April at the earliest.

• 9 months later...