NEW DJM OO gauge HUO + N gauge 24.5t Hopper wagon (Crowdfunded)

DJM Dave

I have to agree with Edge in post 23 above. 

This is a way to bring the model to market more quickly as it will not involve Dave's own working capital.

As a subscriber modellers have a chance to be instrumental in making this happen and at a price that looks to me very competitive,.

Once Dave has delivered the crowdfunded models subscribed to, assuming it is the basis of how the crowdfunding is agreed, the tooling could then belong to DJM and if so at an agreed future date I would have thought Dave would be able to do future runs for retailers to sell in the normal way and that is the "payback" for the time, expertise and effort he invests in the project. If this were to be the case I would have no problem with it at all.

Roy

Edited by Roy L S

How about you re-mortgage your house and put everything you own into a huge gamble,

How about we all agree that this arguement was stupid the first time and hasn't gained any intelligence behind it since? Consumers in every industry have a right to an opinion without producing the product themselves. Saying something like this adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

• Like 2

In N it is very simple.

This wagon is a little bit niche.  Therefore it is crowdfunded or you end up making a lot of kits (if lots of kits are available).

As someone with no fewer than eighty (and then some- I've given up counting them) Dapol 21-tonners a few of these will be very welcome.  As will an odd OO gauge one.  How many in N?- I'm looking at commitments at the moment- five will be the minimum plus as many 4-packs as I can afford up to one of each number.

Les

PS - I'm glad they are going to be individualised.  After weathering a batch of twenty 21-tonners you rather lose the will to live.  After the third batch you seriously question your sanity......

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

So if I get this right.. if I order all 4 packs of 4, plus the individual, I will have 17 uniquely different wagons.. rtr ?

Fantastic.

So my preorder would represent 0.55% of the preorders to make this happen.

Finding another 181 other people wanting an eqivaltant 6 coach trainlength load can’t be that hard to make this happen ?

Looks like a 24.5 toner here at Rawtenstall when it was a coal concentration depot (on the left), note the full length stanchions.

On the right a vac braked 21t..

https://photos.smugmug.com/History/Rawtenstall/i-QZq3jRD/1/f465d50b/L/Rawtenstall%20Coal%20Yard%20JD%201-L.jpg

Just add a 40 or a 25, and a brake van.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

How about we all agree that this arguement was stupid the first time and hasn't gained any intelligence behind it since? Consumers in every industry have a right to an opinion without producing the product themselves. Saying something like this adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

When it's 'the same whiners and whingers complaining from behind their computer screens saying the same thing time and time again, just because they have nothing better to do, then how about we all agree it adds absolutely nothing to the discussion  :jester:

So if I get this right.. if I order all 4 packs of 4, plus the individual, I will have 17 uniquely different wagons.. rtr ?

Fantastic.

So my preorder would represent 0.55% of the preorders to make this happen.

Finding another 181 other people wanting an eqivaltant 6 coach trainlength load can’t be that hard to make this happen ?

Looks like a 24.5 toner here at Rawtenstall when it was a coal concentration depot (on the left), note the full length stanchions.

On the right a vac braked 21t..

https://photos.smugmug.com/History/Rawtenstall/i-QZq3jRD/1/f465d50b/L/Rawtenstall%20Coal%20Yard%20JD%201-L.jpg

Just add a 40 or a 25, and a brake van.

Hi mate,

yes your correct, 17 differently numbered wagons in total.

Cheers

Dave

The only question I have is which diagram will be produced early or later body style?

The Vacuum Braked diagram wagons all lost the automatic brake after the workings in block trains ceased after problems were found when mixed with other VB wagons, similar to the MTA's recently!

Mark Saunders

Hi Mark,

to start with i'm doing the following.....  Dia. 1/153 Lot 3315 Shildon 1961

cheers

Dave

David

Not convinced that the initial wagon being the as built diagram 1/153 Vacuum Braked version would be a good start as there were only 250 of these and the suspension at the right hand end is modified to take the Vacuum operated Discs.

I would suggest the unfitted version of these would be better as it covers a larger build and geographical area of operation!

Mark

David

Not convinced that the initial wagon being the as built diagram 1/153 Vacuum Braked version would be a good start as there were only 250 of these and the suspension at the right hand end is modified to take the Vacuum operated Discs.

I would suggest the unfitted version of these would be better as it covers a larger build and geographical area of operation!

Mark

Agree and i’ll Look at it, that’s a promise.

Cheers

Dave

David

Mark

Weren't these the Diagram which were initially allocated to coal traffic from Kent pits to Richborough power station?

Dave,

The earlier the batch the better, for me (excepting the first batch, which seems to have been the only one without roller bearings) - it would allow use a good bit before the end of steam and well into the diesel era. Others may not agree, of course!

Really need that (those) Q6 in N now!

Regards,

Roy

Edited by R Marshall
  • Like 3

Dave,

The earlier the batch the better, for me (excepting the first batch, which seems to have been the only one without roller bearings) - it would allow use a good bit before the end of steam and well into the diesel era. Others may not agree, of course!

Really need that (those) Q6 in N now!

Regards,

Roy

Ditto. and as im looking to model  North east around 1956 -7 I can get away with reasonably new looking ones  in with my scruffy Dapol 21 tonners. Not forgetting a J94. Quite a lot of RTR N gauge fits this now

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update and an apology.

The order section for the OO and N gauge HUO won’t be live until Tuesday as my web chap and I are meeting then.

I’m hoping to get the standard DJM pre orders and crowdfunded orders into 2 tabs on my web site rather than 1 long list on 1 page.

This will make things easier to find. Both tabs I hope, will be on the home page as well.

Sorry for the delay, and have a great weekend.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm definitely interested in this and will have the cash available as soon as I'm able to order so could you please advice me when the link is live

Thanks

Alan

Morning everyone,

Unfortunately we had a few problems getting the crowdfunding page together and live yesterday, although my ‘black arts’ chap tried a lot. However he managed to get a tab put on the home page, constructing the bits and pieces to go in that tabbed page proved more difficult.

Don’t worry, it’s coming, but it’s just taking a little while longer to do than first thought, so please accept my apologies.

Cheers

Dave

Don’t worry, it’s coming, but it’s just taking a little while  . . . . 

Said the xxxxx to . . . . .   :scratchhead: 

Presumably he (and you?) hasn't/haven't given up trying. Any idea of an expected time/day when it will be available?

G.

Said the xxxxx to . . . . .   :scratchhead:

Presumably he (and you?) hasn't/haven't given up trying. Any idea of an expected time/day when it will be available?

G.

Hi everyone,

nothing live yet, hope this evening, but its being problematic.

Glad i design trains, as i am a huge luddite in this dark world of computermabob thingys

Ongoing apologies.

Cheers

Dave

Morning everyone,

Unfortunately we had a few problems getting the crowdfunding page together and live yesterday, although my ‘black arts’ chap tried a lot. However he managed to get a tab put on the home page, constructing the bits and pieces to go in that tabbed page proved more difficult.

Don’t worry, it’s coming, but it’s just taking a little while longer to do than first thought, so please accept my apologies.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I would also like to register my interest in at least one pack of 4 of these please.

Kind regards,

Alex

• Like 1