Regional Railways Livery - advice on paints please

whart57

I am about to start work on fitting out and painting a Class 158 set. It's actually the 158T, the variant sold to Thailand, but they were delivered in what I believe was the Regional Railways express livery of the period (1990s) of a white base, mustard yellow stripe at top and bottom, light and dark blue stripes under the windows, and black or very dark grey around the windows. BR liveries is not my area of expertise and I don't find the Railmatch descriptions helpful in trying to figure out which paints to buy. Also I am ordering via the internet so can't actually see the colours.

Help, please, in figuring out what I should order

• RMweb Gold

I remember seeing these once completely unexpectedly at Bangkok’s main station.

They are a cheapened down version, it felt like, with foot steps and manual doors.

Railmatch colours I would venture (unless anyone else disagrees)..

200 Executive light grey

201 executive dark grey

202 warning panel yellow

203 Rail white

208 Provincial light blue*

209 Provincial dark blue*

And of course you always need some black.

* this set of transfers would be a must have.. it voids the need for 208 & 209, gives you the Numbers, Windows surrounds and even some additional markings.

https://fox-transfers.co.uk/transfers/express-class-158-complete-livery-pack

Full size Picture of the sheet here..

https://fox-transfers.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/2dfba82ca589aca4258937695a19c66a/f/4/f4245.jpg

Good luck with the Thai Railways text and font !

Edited by adb968008

Thanks for the information, I can order paints now with some confidence.

The steps and door mods are essential given that Thai stations don't have raised platforms. It can be a bit of a heave getting aboard, particularly for an over sixty with dodgy knees. The Thai 158s were all repainted a few years ago when the entire carriage and loco fleet was given a new livery, but as my layout is set in the 2006-2010 period its the original Regional Railways livery for me