Kings Cross? In a cakebox?

MikeTrice

Brilliant concept - will you have the Hogwarts shop as well ? ;)

Hogwarts Castle could be at the buffer stops.....  :locomotive:

Levity (and upsetting the Warner IP bulldogs...) aside, KX in a cakebox is a cracking idea!

Edited by Hroth

Before embarking on a second mockup (I find them a useful reference) I thought I would try assembling my Hobbycraft Cakebox. Unsurprisingly the 8" * 8" dimension is for the outside of the box. In order to fit in it my finished diorama needs to be slightly smaller, around 7 3/4" * 7 3/4". Glad I checked.

Please for the love of railways avoid anything Harry Potter related!

Alex

Well that's scuppered my plans I was going to have a section of a viaduct with the Hogwarts express crossing it and a Ford Anglia fixed to a bit of fine (0,3 nickle silver wire) as if its floating in front of the train being chased by it. I'll have to think again now.

Steve

• Like 2

Well that's scuppered my plans I was going to have a section of a viaduct with the Hogwarts express crossing it and a Ford Anglia fixed to a bit of fine (0,3 nickle silver wire) as if its floating in front of the train being chased by it. I'll have to think again now.

Steve

Why Steve? The more innovative the idea the better IMHO. Hogwarts was a Hall after all and is fiction, all the entries are fictitious, well apart from KX :)

• Like 1

Steve)

We (Pendle Forest Model Railway Society) have this cameo on one of our exhibition layouts (doesn't fit in a cake box though!☺)

post-24883-0-64465500-1509627963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Booking Hall
  • Like 10

We (Pendle Forest Model Railway Society) have this cameo on one of our exhibition layouts (doesn't fit in a cake box though!☺)

Its usually only big Audis that tailgate that close......  :nono:

This is how things will look with a roof in place. In hindsight I can reduce the height of the side walls. I do not intend to detail the exterior part of the roof, there will be more than enought to do on the interior. Roof will be glazed though.

attachicon.gifIMG_2908.JPG

Looking really good!

• RMweb Gold

Going through some of my many photos I have found this which shows what I am aiming for:

attachicon.gifIMG_0081.JPG

Lovely stuff Mike, best design solution to the "micro terminus" concept I've seen yet.

I especially like the side view. And looking at your last shot of the real thing: Have you considered doing the end glazing too? Imagine the view from that end and looking in! But you'd need a backscene then...

Lovely stuff Mike, best design solution to the "micro terminus" concept I've seen yet.

I especially like the side view. And looking at your last shot of the real thing: Have you considered doing the end glazing too? Imagine the view from that end and looking in! But you'd need a backscene then...

Yes the end will be glazed and the centre of the roof. Also, not shown, there will be openings on the right hand side where passengers enter so there will bepotential views through those as well.

• Like 3