Wellyboots

Are they planning to increase the N gauge range as well do you know?

Peco has said that the intention is to increase the range of kits but to date offers no further details as to where that effort might be directed. The N gauge range is presently quite limited and based on one modern underframe type. Peco already has its own range of N gauge 'easy assemble' kits and produces a wide range of RTR wagons for that gauge - if there is scope for rationalisation in order to release design and production capacity for the larger scales that would be the obvious starting point, but then of course Peco might have different ideas.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A trio of interesting snippets:

1. An entry in this week's Hatton's newsletter mentions the arrival of supplies of the former Grand Junction LNWR building panels, now part of the Ratio range.

2. The March Railway Modeller, purchased from my local model shop today, refers to what will be the next new Parkside kit, the BR 13-ton Hopper wagon, already partly developed when the takeover took place.

3. The wheel-exchange service for the EM/P4/S4 community formerly offered by Parkside Dundas is to be farmed out by Peco "to a number of businesses", but the article doesn't mention where, so it may not be finalised. 

More positive developments from Beer and Buckfastleigh. :sungum:

John

PS. Anyone know what's happening with the items previously made/sold under the Red Panda label?

Edited by Dunsignalling

2. The March Railway Modeller, purchased from my local model shop today, refers to what will be the next new Parkside kit, the BR 13-ton Hopper wagon, already partly developed when the takeover took place.

Several of us have spent a couple of days sorting out the internal arrangement of the doors on these wagons. I believe it is sorted, but if anyone has a clear view down into an unloaded BR 13ton hopper wagon (and no others!) then Peco would welcome a sight. Let me know via Bartlett.paul@tiscali.co.uk and I'll let you know where to send it.

Paul

Are the Charles Roberts 14t hoppers at Bowes to a sufficiently similar design? I recall the Bradwell kits of both wagons being very similar, with the main differences being in the height of the top of the hopper body and the brakegear.

Are the Charles Roberts 14t hoppers at Bowes to a sufficiently similar design? I recall the Bradwell kits of both wagons being very similar, with the main differences being in the height of the top of the hopper body and the brakegear.

Yes, we and Peco are well aware of the Bowes survivor and have drawings of the 16ton wagon. This is just a pious hope that someone has an internal view of the BR wagon to confirm the similarity. Perhaps someone has views from one of the bridges on the York Fosse Islands branch, their last destination.

Paul

The NCB 13 ton ones built by Chas’ Roberts appear to be the same height as I have never checked this against diagram or drawings. The other difference is the body side stanchions and double brake gear instead of Morton.

The 16 ton version was taller! The drawings for these are at the NRM and are shon as 13/14 ton and 15/16 ton on the drawings.

Mark Saunders

Continued to be made available via H & A Models. https://www.hamodels.net/

HTH

MC

Thanks for reminding me of the excellent selection at H&A Models.   Gibson wheels in particular which are used for Cambrian kits and RTR re-wheeling ( still OO not EM or P4 but I use fine scale track) and I can use the usual channels of international commerce to pay and ship to this far flung shore.

The full range of Parkside kits in both 4 and 7 mm scales are stocked by Alton Models in Alton, Hampshire. Stocks are constantly refreshed from Peco with some of the new blue labelling starting to appear.

Some folks are very keen to keep promoting Alton Models; other model shops/Peco stockists are available and should be supported  :scratchhead: Mark is not too far away from Alton either.

Having said that I bought my first Slater's 7mm scale POW kit there - not impressed with the quality of the kit but was impressed by the range of stock at Alton Models some 20 years ago.

Tower Models in Blackpool stocks the full range of the 7mm scale kits, advertises in the Gauge O Guild Gazette and several monthly modelling magazines.

Edited by Pint of Adnams

• 3 weeks later...

As covered in a thread elsewhere, Eileens Emporium are now stocking Parkside. It will take time to build up the stock levels, but first delivery of 4mm and 2mm arrived yesterday. The website now offers all 4mm kits with 00, EM or P4 wheels, with discounts for multi packs. We also have in stock all the accessories (underframes etc) for 2mm and 4mm.

We are expecting a delivery of all the relevant Modelmaster transfers immenantly, but these will take a day or two to get onto the website.

By implication it also means that we will start to sell Gibson wheels (non Loco), also need loading to the website.

We are planning to take these all to shows.

For 0 Gauge it take longer to build up the stocks, but we have a couple in for starters and all are available to order. We will look at wheel swaps for 0 Gauge later in the year.

Edited by Derek Russan
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...

Yes, we and Peco are well aware of the Bowes survivor and have drawings of the 16ton wagon. This is just a pious hope that someone has an internal view of the BR wagon to confirm the similarity. Perhaps someone has views from one of the bridges on the York Fosse Islands branch, their last destination.

Paul

Good morning Paul,

just to confirm, are Parkside producing the dia 1/142 and dia 1/144 13 ton hopper?

As has been widely reported in the press, yes.

Paul

Thank's for the reply,

would a GA drawing be of any use? Some years back we supplied Mr Bradwell with the drawings of these hoppers for a specific train that was being modeled.

Edited by Headstock

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is there any sign of fresh supplies of the N scale kits appearing anywhere?  Nearly everywhere seems to be out of stock and what can be found on Ebay isn't very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

H&A Models have the full range of Parkside N gauge kits as well as the 4mm and 7mm, and will also change the 'OO' wheels for EM and P4

www.hamodels.net

I telephoned Peco, e-mailed and also wrote to them several times asking if they could change my OO wheels for P4. Got no reply to either the e-mails or the letters and no-one rang me back. Even went into their shop in Buckfastleigh to enquire. The lady was very helpful, rang Peco, who again promised to contact me but still haven't.Obviously customer care is not a high priority with them. Thank goodness the likes of Eileen's and H&A now offer this service.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

My local shop has started getting Parkside kits in with the transfer sheets included which is good news except I want N scale kits of which there is no sign whatsoever.  The chap I was talking to is intending to take this up with the Peco Rep the next time he pops in.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just started a separate thread on the forthcoming Peco Parkside 13t hopper wagon, as apppaprently an early sample was on Peco's stand at Warley this last weekend. Albion Yard has kindly posted a couple of photographs, which can be accessed from the new thread.

John Storey

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I don't think I've seen mentioned previously, according to the News section of the March Railway Modeller Peco are planning to reintroduce the Parkside 4mm scale LNER Grain Van (PC13) from new tooling, as the original tooling is life expired.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 13/02/2019 at 21:36, 31A said:

I don't think I've seen mentioned previously, according to the News section of the March Railway Modeller Peco are planning to reintroduce the Parkside 4mm scale LNER Grain Van (PC13) from new tooling, as the original tooling is life expired.

That is good news indeed, the original had a major error which unless you realised and did a modification would produce a non-parallel set of wheels. It was well documented on one of the Wild Swan books, sorry away from home and can't remember either the title or author. I suspect that PECO know that and may therefore have two reasons for a re-tooling of the kit. Thank goodness it's PECO that have taken over the range and not someone who might not want to spend money on re-tooling the model.

all the best

Godfrey 

• Like 2