Lima Class 101 Exhausts

vikingsmb

Hi all

I've just got a class 101 lima in the plain blue livery, I've noticed that there are no holes for the exhaust on the dummy power car,

How have you guys got around fitting exhausts to the dummy power car? as it is bit puzzling me,

many thanks in advance

Rob.

Hello Rob,

Is the dummy car the one with the 1st Class accomodation (i.e. not the one with the guards van) ? If so this would have been a driving trailer composite vehicle and as such would not have an engine mounted underneath, so no exhaust stacks.

Hope this helps,

Geoff

Hello Rob,

Is the dummy car the one with the 1st Class accomodation (i.e. not the one with the guards van) ? If so this would have been a driving trailer composite vehicle and as such would not have an engine mounted underneath, so no exhaust stacks.

Hope this helps,

Geoff

Hi Geoff, lima made the dmu as a power twin, as there are engines underneath dummy power car. cheers rob

Hi Geoff

Measure where the holes are on the DMBS and drill corresponding holes in the DMC.

That's exactly what I did with mine, many years ago. Lima forgot to put the holes in, so the simple answer is we have to make our own.

Being on the vehicle end, if one makes a mistake or slips with the drill, it won't be too hard to disguise with a spot of filler and a little weathering, also hidden by the exhaust pipe itself anyway.