Bachmann Class 47 708 Waverley - Model Rail Scotland Ltd Edition Model

MRDBLUE17

Hi everyone,

Just to update we are all set for the Models arriving ready for the show and over 100 have already been allocated to the various members of clubs that belong to the AMRSS. I’m sure this will be a popular model and for those coming Friday morning to purchase one you might even get me to serve you.

Not long now to the show look forward to seeing you all there.

All the best

Mark

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

Just to update we are all set for the Models arriving ready for the show and over 100 have already been allocated to the various members of clubs that belong to the AMRSS. I’m sure this will be a popular model and for those coming Friday morning to purchase one you might even get me to serve you.

Not long now to the show look forward to seeing you all there.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark,

Are you still looking at the option of releasing a few for sale through the website, so us modellers in the colonies can get the chance to get one?

Thanks

Andrew

I wouldn't want to say for sure. I've just checked on a Facebook page for Haymarket staff where we had this same discussion a while back. I'm sure there was an issue with just one side, either the positioning of the arrow, or, it could have been the whole Scotrail legend that was positioned on the same  No1 end when it should have been at opposite ends on opposite sides, if that makes sence.

What I do recall is the kerfuffle we had with Edinburgh city council regarding the Haymarket castle logo. They complained it was infringing on the city coat of arms. You can see in some of those Flickr photos that the original castle symbol was a red castle. This was later amended to the familiar white.

Not my pic, (credit to Gavin Whitelaw) and a poor scan, but this shows a 1985 view. The arrow now preceeds, but there is still a gap between Scot & Rail.

attachicon.gif47.jpg

A not very clear scan of mine of 47708 taken at Waverley albeit of the other side showing no gap in 'ScotRail' and the castle replaced by the wee 'dug'.

post-2371-0-49759000-1516412309_thumb.jpg

Dave.

• Like 4

I would so much like to purchase 47 708 Waverley, but will be unable to make the Glasgow show, so my question is, will I be able to receive this model in some other way ?

You might be lucky, but if it's like the Class 158 Limited Edition that was sold at the show it was sold out by early on the second day.

• RMweb Premium

Not the greatest of pics but they're here and ready for release at the show, this is one of the production run and will be available for closer inspection at the Bonnybridge MRC layout "Allanbridge" at Stafford in a few weeks time.

post-291-0-09250400-1516569505_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-85397200-1516569534_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-42329900-1516569547_thumb.jpg

Craig

• Like 4

Hi Craig,

Thanks for sharing those photos, it’s looking good.

To help clarify these go on sale Friday morning when the show opens to those visiting the show. A portion of the run has already been allocated to members of the AMRSS clubs that wanted one. From the Model Rail Scotland team perspective it’s a sizeable investment producing a limited edition model and we want them to sell out and hope that all those who want one can get one so the best way is to be at the show or even get someone who is to get you one if you can’t make it.

We are still discussing the possibility of making some available online but this will depend on what stock is left after the Friday.

Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks time.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Yes, and if its like the 158, certain traders bought them in double digits!

And then flogged them off at inflated prices. Hopefully the AMRSS have learned the lesson and not allow multiple purchases. While it is appreciated that they don’t want any left on their hands, I don’t think there’s an issue with this model, that is much more mainstream than the Trebor Refresher liveried WH Malcolm shunter.

Edited by Legend

And then flogged them off at inflated prices. Hopefully the AMRSS have learned the lesson and not allow multiple purchases. While it is appreciated that they don’t want any left on their hands, I don’t think there’s an issue with this model, that is much more mainstream than the Trebor Refresher liveried WH Malcolm shunter.

HI All

I dont see how the AMRSS can be held responsible for some traders. 

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium

Another worthy cause thats going to see me part with some cash soon. Assuming I can get to the show early enough to get one that is! I have to say I'm a little surprised that the orange jumper cables haven't been painted black but, hey, it gives me some modelling to do. I seem to recall reading when 710 came out that someone had replaced them for a much finer solution. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks

HI All

Regards Arran

Agreed, but they can do something about people who try and buy 10 of the model.

While I appreciate they want to sell them all in a reasonable timescale they could do their bit to prevent the speculators extracting the urine by purchasing loads of them, I mean if the speculators didnt think there was a viable market for them they wouldnt buy as many as they can would they, which leads me to believe the AMRSS wont have any trouble selling them even if they restricted each buyer to one (or possibly two) models each.

On the other hand by allowing the speculators to buy 10 or more of the model the AMRSS will get their money in quicker and not have to prat about with packing and posting each one individually.

Can I have a model of 47708 please because its a bit of a drag from Plymouth to Scotland (486 miles each way) to buy one at the show, ta muchly. 

Oh on the other hand if I turn up at the show, can I have 20 of them so I can sell them on and cover my diesel costs.  :mosking:

Yes I drive a diesel car, dum dum dah!

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Premium

HI All

Regards Arran

Don’t sell 10 at a time to one person

So what are the differences between this loco and the previous release 47 710 . I thought it had a bespoke livery but I think it’s modelled after conforming to normal livery. Is that correct?

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Why not just sell one (perhaps two) to anyone who has a ticket to the show. At least that means any trader who wants a couple has to buy an admission ticket.

I can’t get to the show as I’m exhibiting elsewhere.

Why not just sell one (perhaps two) to anyone who has a ticket to the show. At least that means any trader who wants a couple has to buy an admission ticket.

I can’t get to the show as I’m exhibiting elsewhere.

HI All

Well your all not very imaginative are you , all you need are half a dozen of your mates to queue up.

I fully expect to see some on Ebay by 12 mid day on the Friday like the 158 was, the only way to combat this aspect is for us to put some on Ebay at a bye it now price.

Regards Arran 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I thought Colin’s idea was perfectly sensible . If you are a trader presumably you have a pass to get in. Yes he can get his mates to queue up but they’ll all need to have a ticket at £13 each . Presumably the tickets are numbered and so you can establish who they have been sold to.

In any case while it’s hard to defend against a determined attempt to buy multiples you can at least put some obstacles in the way. I would have thought one model per customer on showing ticket is a sensible if not imaginative solution.

The 158 sale was not thought out, but I think this was AMRSS first Model. Hopefully they are better prepared this time

Edited by Legend

HI All

Well your all not very imaginative are you , all you need are half a dozen of your mates to queue up.

I fully expect to see some on Ebay by 12 mid day on the Friday like the 158 was, the only way to combat this aspect is for us to put some on Ebay at a bye it now price.

Regards Arran 

We are not on about stopping it (almost impossible anyway), just about making easy/reasonable alterations to make it a bit more difficult for the speculators to get hold of them.

I can see the retailers point of view who just want to sell them all so I dont expect them to overdo it.

• Like 2

Whilst there are many ways or options to combat multiple sales these all add time to the checkout process.

The teams that run the show are volunteers not retail police, so we need to keep the sales process easy and slick.

To be clear its first come first serve

Don’t sell 10 at a time to one person

So what are the differences between this loco and the previous release 47 710 . I thought it had a bespoke livery but I think it’s modelled after conforming to normal livery. Is that correct?

47 710 had the "standard" application of the arrows and brandings = the arrow in front of ScotRail on both sides.  47 708 has on one side only, ScotRail followed by the arrow - as per photos above in this thread.  When first re-painted, (AFAIK 47 708 was the first 47/7 re-painted into Exec livery), the brandings had a space between Scot and Rail but this was changed soon after.

Legend's suggestion is by far the best and fairest - just how difficult and time consuming could it be? Employee or volunteer, it makes no odds. These are being sold for profit, not some kind of show freebee and a tough but you weren't quick enough' attitude won't endear the AMRSS to the bulk of the public that without whom there would be no exhibition.  

Legend's suggestion is by far the best and fairest - just how difficult and time consuming could it be? Employee or volunteer, it makes no odds. These are being sold for profit, not some kind of show freebee and a tough but you weren't quick enough' attitude won't endear the AMRSS to the bulk of the public that without whom there would be no exhibition.  

Agreed, I was lucky enough to get an 08 from them a couple of years ago (nice model), but if they went down the 'here buy 20 of them and stuff everyone else' route to the speculators I dont think I would bother, I just want (okay I know I am not entitled to it) a fair chance of getting hold of one of them but not at an inflated price where somebody else is making money off the back of somebody elses work.

I am sure there are enough people out there who will buy them at an inflated price from the speculators anyway so my decision wont make a blind bit of difference to them but hey, I tried.

• RMweb Gold

Why not offer what’s left to the trade.. at the end of the show instead of the beginning ?

If a dealer smells money they’ll hang around till midnight Sunday if they need to.

That way you could Ebay a few yourself over the weekend to catch that “unable to get to the show” margin, indeed sell it as rrp +ebay+p&p + show ticket price... i don’t mind paying for one because I can’t get to the show, but i’d rather give it the to the shows organisation than the carpet bagging dealer who bought in bulk at the shows opening.

Edited by adb968008

it will become quickly apparent on Friday whats going to happen.

As for Fair that varies depending on who you are, if Hattons Rails or Kernow do a ltd edition i can go on there website and order 10 cant I ?

Regards Arran