Leaves ... from real leaves?

black5f

A lot of my 'scenery' comes from our back garden, its not exactly prototypical but as I have a tinplate layout, it fits in quite well.  Eventually it will deteriorate as do all natural things so if you like a clean layout - beware.  They will turn to dust (compost?) so will either add to the overall look or mar it, depending on your point of view.

Brian.

The ones I cut on Monday have been in the warm living room. They've dried and curled up a bit looking most realistic, even with the little veins standing up. I've seen some at the bottom of a pond with resin water and I suppose they can be fixed with dilute PVA spray with a wetting agent like IPA or fairy liquid, like any other flocky stuff. Haven't tried though.

Tom

Oh, IPA = propan-2-ol, not India Pale Ale, although .... it certainly does things look better for me :-)

post-17315-0-85485300-1510858303_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

They will turn to dust (compost?) so will either add to the overall look or mar it, depending on your point of view.

Compacted, decaying leaves makes a slippy, solid solution.

You could even model 'leaves on the line' and if you were clever enough and used a heavy enough train, you could even make a loco slip on them? Maybe a working RHTT train?'

I would never work but a nice idea.

• 6 months later...