Accurascale

The lengthy count-down clock is a little pointless and not to mention it's a turn-off.

Having a 90 day period to gather contact information is going to yield any business more potential customers (and get them speculating/discussing a business) than a 3-5 day period would, especially when it's being being run in conjunction with printed media adverts. So it isn't pointless when a business plans launch marketing.

The lengthy count-down clock is a little pointless and not to mention it's a turn-off. I hope such a long count-down never appears again. 3-5 days is more than enough.

Well, its all personal preferences, (aside from business reasons) isnt it. Personally i dont think a couple of months is too long, 5 days and i woild have totally missed it. Im pretty excited to see what they make. Compared to waiting several years for certain models promised so long ago, a few weeks will be like a blink of an eye in model railway timescales. Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think there’s just a bit of fatigue around at the moment. People are getting fed up with countdown announcements or announcement of announcements. I think the bubble burst with the Rapido announcement with blanked out loco . I’m still unsure what was announced or if indeed it was announced by Realtrack , we may actually still be waiting. Not sure as I lost interest. Then there’s the Oxford Mk3s , we don’t even know if they’ll have lights or not and they are supposed to be close. Then of course there’s the Bachmann situation , typified by the 158 , amongst many. Then there’s the possibility that the announcement when it arrives may not live up to the hype. Thinking Hornbys big H announcement here . People just feel jaded with it all.

I do however, applaud the approach of announcing something when it’s close to sale . I also like attractive price point too . So good luck in your new venture.

Edited by Legend

There is little we can do about the wishlisting, except confirm that we inow what we will be releasing for the next three years already. However, we can prevent 12 months of moaning as our strategy will be to only announce a new model when we have a production sample to show you all that’s ready for production, so wait times will be approx 8-10 weeks. :)

Without giving anything away (!!), would it be possible to tell us how you have chosen your models for the next three years?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Without giving anything away (!!), would it be possible to tell us how you have chosen your models for the next three years?

Sure Mike. We have made the choices on what models to do based on a few different factors. We have done a lot of research and looked at projects that were plentiful in numbers but not done RTR as of yet, looked at the feedback provided by customers such as the annual wishlists run on RMWeb, and have done our best not to let personal bias and desire to creep in and keep the decisions sensible and businesslike! I like my oddballs, but we want to build up a range that will have something for everyone over time, and will sell too of course. 

We took to the Irish market looking to fill a gap (there were some excellent locomotives and coaches available, but no top quality wagons) and will begin so here too, filling gaps. However, we have also identified existing models that are crying out for better prototype fidelity, accuracy and detail and we will be releasing these too in this time frame of three years. 

Hope the above answer helps! 

As an aside; one thing we may do is run a small survey in the coming weeks which will give you guys a chance to make suggestions and you can let us know what you would like to see. We're somewhat confident that our lists would match with the overall consensus, but if a pattern emerged for a big ticket, in demand item we would be flexible and agreeable enough to switch things around. It would also save Andy and the Mods not having to deal with wishlists. Is that something you guys would like to participate in?

Apologies too in taking so long to answer your queries, we have been flat out here packing and dispatching our cement bubble wagons which newly arrived in stock. You can see what they're like here. :)

Edited by 071
  • Like 8

Sure Mike. We have made the choices on what models to do based on a few different factors. We have done a lot of research and looked at projects that were plentiful in numbers but not done RTR as of yet, looked at the feedback provided by customers such as the annual wishlists run on RMWeb, and have done our best not to let personal bias and desire to creep in and keep the decisions sensible and businesslike! I like my oddballs, but we want to build up a range that will have something for everyone over time, and will sell too of course. 

We took to the Irish market looking to fill a gap (there were some excellent locomotives and coaches available, but no top quality wagons) and will begin so here too, filling gaps. However, we have also identified existing models that are crying out for better prototype fidelity, accuracy and detail and we will be releasing these too in this time frame of three years. 

Hope the above answer helps! 

As an aside; one thing we may do is run a small survey in the coming weeks which will give you guys a chance to make suggestions and you can let us know what you would like to see. We're somewhat confident that our lists would match with the overall consensus, but if a pattern emerged for a big ticket, in demand item we would be flexible and agreeable enough to switch things around. It would also save Andy and the Mods not having to deal with wishlists. Is that something you guys would like to participate in?

Apologies too in taking so long to answer your queries, we have been flat out here packing and dispatching our cement bubble wagons which newly arrived in stock. You can see what they're like here. :)

Most excellent - many thanks.

Given the lack of an annual survey by the usual heroes this year, I think that would be a very welcome interlude! Perhaps you may want to discuss with Andy Y and some of the experts who drive the survey, as to what pitfalls to avoid, such as a completely blank sheet.....

For example, I would naturally expect you to put the 102t Sheerness Steel bogie scrap wagon 31xx series at the top of the list, with the only associated question being "Just how essential do you believe it is, that this wagon is produced in 1/76 scale urgently?" with the choices being a) Very; b) Extremely ; or c) Of the highest priority, greater even than the most important other thing I can think of.

The rest of the obviously less interesting questions can be whatever you deem suitable.  :O 

Hi Samuel,

What do you mean by ‘mix of different types of models’? Can you give me an example and I’ll do my best to answer?

Sorry for the late reply. What i mean by different type of models is will you be making/producing wagons, coaches or locomotives or planning on producing a mix?

Thanks,

Samuel.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry for the late reply. What i mean by different type of models is will you be making/producing wagons, coaches or locomotives or planning on producing a mix?

Thanks,

Samuel.

Hi Samuel, many thanks for that. We are planning to do all of the above over the next three years, along with accessories. I hope that answers your query! :)

• Like 4

I did experience a slightly pang of déjà vu when I read the tag line - "uncompromising fidelity" - because similar hype has proved a hostage to fortune for new entrants in the past. 

But, I admire the commitment that it shows, and I wish Accurascale all the best.  It sounds as if the guys behind it have done similar stuff before, so, presumably, this is not an idle boast in their case.

It is an intriguing tease, particularly for those of us outside the circle of the business owners, their wives, their wives' servants' tennis partners etc, who have no idea what is eventually to be revealed. From the limited information gleaned, it sounds as if its all modern stuff way beyond my ken, but it is heartening nonetheless in these days of doom and gloom to see someone with the optimism and commitment to bring out a new RTR range, which is no mean feat.

Good luck guys.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did experience a slightly pang of déjà vu when I read the tag line - "uncompromising fidelity" - because similar hype has proved a hostage to fortune for new entrants in the past. 

But, I admire the commitment that it shows, and I wish Accurascale all the best.  It sounds as if the guys behind it have done similar stuff before, so, presumably, this is not an idle boast in their case.

It is an intriguing tease, particularly for those of us outside the circle of the business owners, their wives, their wives' servants' tennis partners etc, who have no idea what is eventually to be revealed. From the limited information gleaned, it sounds as if its all modern stuff way beyond my ken, but it is heartening nonetheless in these days of doom and gloom to see someone with the optimism and commitment to bring out a new RTR range, which is no mean feat.

Good luck guys.

Thanks Edwardian! You can see what our output is here to get an idea of what we are all about http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/110193-irish-railway-models-cement-bubble-wagon/

We will be pushing out a range of items which will cover a number of eras :)

Edited by 071
  • Like 4

Thanks Edwardian! You can see what our out put is here to get an idea of what we are all about http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/110193-irish-railway-models-cement-bubble-wagon/

We will be pushing out a range of items which will cover a number of eras :)

Thanks, 071.  Looks good.

I am a bit of a lost cause, however, as my moniker suggests, I get a bit confused concerning anything post (Great) war!

But the antennae pricked up at the phrase "a number of eras"!

• Like 2