New from Legomanbiffo

charliepetty

Just in time for Warley NEC we have, Three 'ALL NEW'  projects:

A new Class 03 Drewry Shunter

A new Class 08 Shunter

A brilliant new Class 67

Please order them Online for collection so we can be certain you get them!!

We are currently working on two Next 18 projects for:

N Gauge Dapol Class 68

N Gauge Farish Class 40

Now that exciting 'Aint it'

Charlie

• Like 3

Just in time for Warley NEC we have, Three 'ALL NEW'  projects:

A new Class 03 Drewry Shunter

A new Class 08 Shunter

A brilliant new Class 67

Please order them Online for collection so we can be certain you get them!!

We are currently working on two Next 18 projects for:

N Gauge Dapol Class 68

N Gauge Farish Class 40

Now that exciting 'Aint it'

Charlie

Hi Charlie !

Can the new '08 be used in a 00 model ?

I ask as the last time a new '08 project was mooted , it was stated to be used in the 0 gauge Dapol model 

Albie, the new 08 engine sounds are really good in both 4mm and 7mm models. I haven’t yet heard them on the stand in a noisy environment but at home our demo 08 with two sugar cubes in the nose is very loud. As a trial I’ve just swapped the EM3 in our demo 7mm 08 for two of our ‘black shiny’ 5W speakers and through those the new project sounds equally good.

Nick, the main improvement in the new 67 are crystal clear engine sounds recorded from 67020 at Wembley before they went off lease with Chiltern. These were recorded very close to the exhaust with the spirax valves isolated so there is absolutely none of the annoying, continuous clicking intrusion from them. I’ve also updated some of the auxiliary sounds with better versions and automated the regular, characteristic hisses you get from these locos (on its own function key). I’ve been having great fun developing it.

Other new things on the stand in no particular order will be; 33 + 4TC, all new 92 from recordings at Polmadie, new North and South Wales announcements on 143 / 150 / 153 voiced by Peter Lord of Lord & Butler, new FGW announcements on 143 / 150 / 153 voiced by Andrew Keast of Kernow, all-new 170 engine and roaring cooler group sounds, excellent new features on the 91 & DVT including authentic parking brake, configurable old / new style door and despatch whistle sounds etc etc.

Bif

Albie, the new 08 engine sounds are really good in both 4mm and 7mm models. I haven’t yet heard them on the stand in a noisy environment but at home our demo 08 with two sugar cubes in the nose is very loud. As a trial I’ve just swapped the EM3 in our demo 7mm 08 for two of our ‘black shiny’ 5W speakers and through those the new project sounds equally good.

Nick, the main improvement in the new 67 are crystal clear engine sounds recorded from 67020 at Wembley before they went off lease with Chiltern. These were recorded very close to the exhaust with the spirax valves isolated so there is absolutely none of the annoying, continuous clicking intrusion from them. I’ve also updated some of the auxiliary sounds with better versions and automated the regular, characteristic hisses you get from these locos (on its own function key). I’ve been having great fun developing it.

Other new things on the stand in no particular order will be; 33 + 4TC, all new 92 from recordings at Polmadie, new North and South Wales announcements on 143 / 150 / 153 voiced by Peter Lord of Lord & Butler, new FGW announcements on 143 / 150 / 153 voiced by Andrew Keast of Kernow, all-new 170 engine and roaring cooler group sounds, excellent new features on the 91 & DVT including authentic parking brake, configurable old / new style door and despatch whistle sounds etc etc.

Bif

Thanks Bif 

Will see you at the big one and hear the fruits of your labour then !

Hi Charlie !

Can the new '08 be used in a 00 model ?

I ask as the last time a new '08 project was mooted , it was stated to be used in the 0 gauge Dapol model 

A related question . . . will the new project be available and sound OK in one of the re-blown Hornby 08s on offer at DCKits?

John

Edited by JJGraphics