New announcement?

JohnR

• RMweb Premium

Oh joy, another announcement of an announcement....

The danger now surely with all these retailers announcing lots of models that the Big Two manufacturers would take decades if at all to get around to is that we are approaching saturation point and there is only a finite amount of cash in pockets to go around.  At some point the funds available will not be sufficient to purchase all these models being constantly announced and there could be some sort of market implosion like the diecast bus market collapsed some years ago.

I am concerned, gravely concerned....

Hi,

Nothing to lose so I'm gonna suggest it could be a Class 442 Wessex Electric unit.....based on the idea that 'Kernow Model Rail' seem to do very well on things like the Thumper, 4-TC etc ?

Is there a prize if any one of us are right and guess correctly ?

Thanks,

Shed.

Am thinking a loco or multiple unit is unlikely at present so that leaves coaches or wagons. How about some decent GW non corridor stock, a Bloater or large Mink van but a real treat would be some Super Saloons. Only two body styles, a few different liveries - at least 4 I can think of plus each coach a unique name. All of a sudden you have multiple variations on only two sets of tools. If I was a manufacturer (and I'm not) these would be a strong contender. Of course you would need at least two full brakes for a contemporary rake.

I doubt my wallet could stand these at the moment but one day they will fill the gap occupied by Pullmans on other regions.

But enough wish listing and I'll go hide under my rock again and come out when it's safe!

Hi,

Nothing to lose so I'm gonna suggest it could be a Class 442 Wessex Electric unit.....based on the idea that 'Kernow Model Rail' seem to do very well on things like the Thumper, 4-TC etc ?

Thanks,

Shed.

How many different bodyshell mouldings would that be ? Presume each end car is identical, and the brake vehicle car in the middle is different ?

and it is five vehicles like the Brighton Belle  -  very expensive.

Am thinking a loco or multiple unit is unlikely at present so that leaves coaches or wagons. How about some decent GW non corridor stock, a Bloater or large Mink van but a real treat would be some Super Saloons. Only two body styles, a few different liveries - at least 4 I can think of plus each coach a unique name. All of a sudden you have multiple variations on only two sets of tools. If I was a manufacturer (and I'm not) these would be a strong contender. Of course you would need at least two full brakes for a contemporary rake.

I doubt my wallet could stand these at the moment but one day they will fill the gap occupied by Pullmans on other regions.

But enough wish listing and I'll go hide under my rock again and come out when it's safe!

A BR(WR) non corridor Third in chocolate & cream, lined maroon and unlined crimson, in multiple identities would sell like hotcakes, and allow a later composite and a brake to be "self funded".

How many different bodyshell mouldings would that be ? Presume each end car is identical, and the brake vehicle car in the middle is different ?

and it is five vehicles like the Brighton Belle  -  very expensive.

Mmm!

An entirely fair point, so, thinking singular vehicles and what hasn't yet been done...maybe the NSE Inspection Saloon in it's current green format, something to go with the Bachmann DRS 37's etc ?

Thanks,

Shed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Thanks,

Shed.

They're only allowed to do a 442 if they get the front wrong so it can fit in with the VEP and TC...

;)

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guy

Or maybe they have got the hint about the auto coach for the 14xx that everyone seems to be shouting about.

Thanks

Alan

P.s sorry guys I just couldn't resist this one.

Yespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyesplease.  Yes.  Please.