New announcement?

JohnR

:offtopic:

Heck, you don’t have to buy it if you don’t want it. I do and I would.

To be fair to Chard, he was replying to a suggestion that the new release would be the F***. Its a long running joke that every new announcement here is suggested as this, and that he seems to voice opposition.

He wasn't saying he didn't like or wouldn't want the RHTT or FEA wagons.

:friends:

Edited by The Black Hat

Interesting news.  Hopefully the start of a trend towards more infrastructure models.  Might also give an outlet for some of the more "enthusiastic" weathering "experts" on eBay to justify some of their "skills" given the state of most RHTT traction after a day being sandblasted.

At least it wasn't another obscure tea urn.

This is a great new release and was hoping for RHTT sets for my modern image locos, well done Hatton's :yes:

Ok now I'm over my excitement the prices are a bit steep or is this to be expected???...£315 for a complete weathered set (x3) starts to dampen my enthusiasm thus may stick to just one set.

Hatton's have also put up a RHTT Formation list for classic traction...https://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=209

Edited by classy52

:offtopic:

To be fair to Chard, he was replying to a suggestion that the new release would be the F***. Its a long running joke that every new announcement here is suggested as this, and that he seems to voice opposition.

He wasn't saying he didn't like or wouldn't want the RHTT or FEA wagons.

:friends:

I said “it”, not “they”. I didn’t think he was referring to the RHTT or FEA wagons. I did think he was talking about the six-engined wonder. I’m just hoping that many a true word is spoken in jest, running or otherwise.

This is a great new release and was hoping for RHTT sets for my modern image locos, well done Hatton's :yes:

Ok now I'm over my excitement the prices are a bit steep or is this to be expected???...£315 for a complete weathered set (x3) starts to dampen my enthusiasm thus may stick to just one set.

Hatton's have also put up a RHTT Formation list for classic traction...https://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=209

Unless I've read the advert wrong its £189 for a set of 3 wagons.

Yep.

It all stems from the reasoning that nobody would want the obscure prototype and experimental diesels. Then Heljan released some which sold by the bucket load....

Jason

Yes, indeed. That first Heljan oddball was hugely influential. Now I seem to be left high and dry with no gas turbines, no 10800 and no running joke. Just when Heljan gets into its stride, off it goes and makes locos bigger than they need to be. So busy that the Wickham railbus promised for “2010 or 2011 release” hasn’t even been breathed upon yet.

Unless I've read the advert wrong its £189 for a set of 3 wagons.

Not sure where you got £189 from but I was referring to the RHTT weathered configurations where there are 3 types.

Sandite Wagon Set £126, Waterjet Wagon Set £126 and a Waterjet Wagon extension £63 at a total of £315 if you purchased all three.

Non-weathered of the above would come to £295.

Edited by classy52

Not sure where you got £189 from but I was referring to the RHTT weathered configurations where there are 3 types.

Sandite Wagon Set £126, Waterjet Wagon Set £126 and a Waterjet Wagon extension £63 at a total of £315 if you purchased all three.

Non-weathered of the above would come to £295.

Your £315 above would get you 2 complete factory weathered trains, one of 2 60ft wagons and one of 3 60ft wagons, so 5 wagons in total. One sandite train and one water jetting train.

Unless I've read the advert wrong again.

Your £315 above would get you 2 complete factory weathered trains, one of 2 60ft wagons and one of 3 60ft wagons, so 5 wagons in total. One sandite train and one water jetting train.

Unless I've read the advert wrong again.

As per below;

H4-RHTT-004 - 'Sandite' Train with 2 Wagons and Sanite Modules (Weathered) - £126

H4-RHTT-005 - 'Water Jet' Train with 2 Wagons and Water Jetting Modules (Weathered) - £126

H4-RHTT-006 - 'Water' Wagon with 3 Water Modiles to extend either RHTT pack to 3 wagons (Weathered) - £63

• RMweb Premium

Hatton's have also put up a RHTT Formation list for classic traction.

That's something I missed, the reference to "Part 1 - Classic Traction". Logic seems to suggest that there will subsequently be a "Part 2 - Modern Traction", so I wonder if there are plans afoot for a limited edition Class 66 in heavily weatherd guise, like my previous post?

post-22167-0-20849300-1511518387_thumb.jpg

Also, by looking at the suggested formations, and the confusion in the previous postings as to what the cost would be for a full train, it appears that Hattons are suggesting you either would run a:

Sandite train with / without an extra Water wagon

Or a

Water Jet train with / without extra water wagon

I'm thinking, as I'm sure most modellers (funds permitting) are in agreement, that they would purchase all 3 packs to run a Sandite + Water Jet + Water extension in either a weathered or pristine variant. I'm wondering if such a line up is prototypical or not?

Edited by Scottish-Exile

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As per the above images, it's either a sandite set or a water jet set, not both at once.  Most RHTTs are 2 wagons, some are three as in the drawings above.  I can't ever recall anything more, certainly it would be odd, unless as was suggested above in the RHTT thread it's a single loco taking the wagons to/from storage to their point of use for the season.  Since the RHTT is an ideal short train to model, and generally has 2 locos (which most modellers have too many of!) I'm not sure why anyone would want to try and run an extra long one which is both unprototypical and expensive!

Edited by JDW

Thanks for clarifying.

So what you're saying is, I need to buy a Water train AND a Sandite train and FOUR locos to run them ;)

YES

Perfect for those like me with not enough space for a large layout but too many locos for the small layout I have

• Like 1