Odd Sized Crossings

Ian Smeeton

• RMweb Premium

Echo (of this parish) very kindly re-drew my ham-fisted attempts at Templot for PSJ.

However, as part of the drawing he has used a few ''odd sized' crossing angles.

As it is currently too cold to inhabit the shed, and build the turnouts in situ, I thought that I would build them 'off the board' on a convenient piece of flat ply.

Bearing in mind that I normally use jigs, which mean that the crossing is normally assembled upside down, is there a quick and easy method of extracting the relevant set of points in a mirror image to assist in building up the common crossings?

I could just print the control template oin thin paper and use the non printed side, I suppose.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

Most printers have a setting somewhere to print a mirror image of the page sent to them.

If not, you can mirror a template or the entire trackplan in Templot before printing it, like this:

For just the control template, click the template > mirror left/right hand menu item, or just press CTRL+H. Print the control template only. You may want to shift or rotate it clear of other templates (F7, F8 mouse actions).

For the entire trackplan:

1. put the notch somewhere under the middle of the trackplan. The easiest way is to put it under the peg on one of the templates near the middle.

2. click the group > mirror group on X at notch menu item. Click the green group select all option which comes up.

3. If the mirror process has put any part of the trackplan in the negative quadrants on the grid, use the SHIFT+CTRL+F7 mouse action to move the trackplan back.

4. click the group > ungroup menu item to deselect the grouping.

5. print your mirrored templates.

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne