DVD burning software

ColinK

• RMweb Premium

For many years I've been using Roxio Toast to burn my home video onto DVDs on my MacBook without any problems.

18 months ago I got an iMac (much better at processing video) and installed the latest version of Toast. This has been very unreliable. The first time it crashed Roxio accessed my computer remotely and messed it up so much that it had to go back to Apple for repair. Toast 15 crashed again last week (even though I had made no changes to anything) and the fix suggested by Roxio did not work.

Internet searches revealed that other people are having problems with Toast too. Hence I am looking to ditch it and use different software instead.

So, can anyone recommend software for burning DVD's on a Mac? Even better if it burns BlueRay too.

Thanks.

Burning to a DVD software is built into the later OSX series. You do not need to buy anything. 

Just hold down the CTRL key while clicking on a file or a folder and you will get an alternative menu which includes "burn xxxxx to disc", where xxxxx is the name of the file/folder you clicked on.