Welcome Back to the UK, Mr. Schneider!

rapidobill

• RMweb Premium

Jason has just sent me a newsletter - well, maybe it wasn't just to me, but I'm still chuffed - with first photos of the decorated Stirling Single and the LNER Dynanometer car. And boy, don't they look good! Museum quality are the words that came to mind..

I suspect the photos will migrate to the Rapido thread on RMweb in the next hours.

John Storey

I suspect the photos will migrate to the Rapido thread on RMweb in the next hours.

Here you go then...

post-6802-0-14616800-1511562756.jpg

post-6802-0-42193400-1511562756.jpg

post-6802-0-81270600-1511562755.jpg

They do look really good. I have no grounds to justify buying the dynamometer car so that's going to pass me by, but I'm still dithering over the Stirling single and I've already ordered two of the J70s (one with skirts, the other without).

• Like 9

Single looks very pretty, cannot wait four mine.

The dynamometer car looks great but also I suspect with more decoration to come (not quite up to Hornby,s teak standards yet). A GNR directors saloon next? (You,ll find one on the Bluebell).

• Like 1

Have to say the Single looked gorgeous today. Was on the Do i want/ Don't need list. Now it's on the Want list haha.

Have to say as well the Tram Engines look great to (Getting one, not sure which yet) and the Dynamometer coach looks lovely to.

Chris

Single looks very pretty, cannot wait four mine.

The dynamometer car looks great but also I suspect with more decoration to come (not quite up to Hornby,s teak standards yet). A GNR directors saloon next? (You,ll find one on the Bluebell).

We're still working on the teak. Attached is a photo from the factory of a test that was done last week. The teak is too subtle. We also need to improve the screen printing. I will be working on it when I am in China in a week's time, so your feedback is most welcome.

-Jason

post-20909-0-74625800-1511651129_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

We're still working on the teak. Attached is a photo from the factory of a test that was done last week. The teak is too subtle. We also need to improve the screen printing. I will be working on it when I am in China in a week's time, so your feedback is most welcome.

-Jason

attachicon.gifTeak.jpg

From here, that looks really rather nice. Scumble is difficult in the real thing, let alone 4mm.

Ian.

-Jason

attachicon.gifTeak.jpg

Ah that looks better....