Rail Head Treatment Train (RHTT) in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

Only problem is the sound file includes the mpv too, you'd only need the generator and water sounds. I'd say a 66 or loco of choice file with a water jet add on would be better. Something to suggest to Biff now? ;)

I think I'll go for lightly weathered so the 66's don't need to be totally brown ;)

To that end how heavy is the weathering you are offering going to be Dave?

I’m afraid I didn’t express myself clearly. I wasn’t thinking of using the MPV sound project so much as reproducing the relevant sounds. Your idea of adding the sounds to a loco sound project is a cracker. Straightforward and no hacking the train about. Good thinking, that man!

It would also be useful to modify the lighting wiring on some locos for head and tail operation. Failing that, a little tape over the contacts at the inner ends would be quick and easy.

• RMweb Gold

excuse my french but "oh you f******g beauty"

to add to the list ive worked them with DRS 20/37 combo in the past and just recently had a jolly out with a class 70 with the north wales rake

Edited by big jim
  • Like 4

Hi everyone,

This is an exciting announcement and I’m sure will be popular. Interestingly quite a few of us had put RHTT in our top 5 wish list that is running on the DEMU Forum at the moment.

Will be nice to have something different for the DRS traction to haul.

Well done Hattons.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2

Great news Hattons! I'm guessing the weathered versions are going to be more popular than the pristine! Good to see the typical formations info too.

Is there any significance to the 'insulated wheel' - any plans to add a mini electric pump for added realism?! A 'misting' device would create a prototypical cloud of water as it speeds past! Seriously though, does the prototype feature lighting?

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Quite a few people seem to have found the "Classic Traction" formation list to be quite interesting and useful so I've put together a version showing some more "Modern Traction".

post-28458-0-88789300-1512049427_thumb.png

This isn't a complete list but should give a good idea of what you're likely to see around the network during leaf fall season.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 7