N gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

That's much better - I may even get a 14 car and a second 7 car. If we previously made an expression of intrest on the Durham models website do we make another with DJM for the new version?

Hi.

As the previous N gauge APT project was based on the higher price, all orders have been deleted along with personal info, so when the new project goes live, please treat it as a completely new appeal.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

SET2  0002 #370006 +370007    5 car set with black front window      £330.00

SET3  0003 #370006 +370003    7 car set black front window             £395.00

SET4  0004 #370004 +370002    7 car set full yellow front end            £385.00

SET5  0006 #370006 +370003    10 car set black front window           £485.00

SET6  0007 #370005 +370002    14 car set black front window           £550.00

I'm guessing the 5 car set will be the DTS+TBF+M+TBF+DTS but what about the others?

For example, will the 7 car sets include a pair or TU, TS, TF or TRSB?

Steven B.

P.S. Dave, what happened to SET1?

Yes, I'm inferring from the fact you've got numbers for two DTSs in each that they're all 'complete' sets, rather than being half sets...?

you infer correctly. :-)

the Chinese didnt want to do what i suggested, and to be honest, i suppose this way prevents any faffing around. you buy a set, done! as the meerkat says 'simples'

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

A reduction from £900 to £600 (including a £50 guess for two additional decoders) is a £300 reduction for the price of the 14 car set. It will be interesting to see the revised take up. I say this because in recent years two new things have come onto the RTR market i.e. new prototypes plus much higher spec. This project will, perhaps for the first time, separate the effects of these two.

£300 is the price for interior lighting, detailed interior and tilting. It will be interesting to see. Too late now for the 00 model but I suspect the same may apply there also.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

£300 is the price for interior lighting, detailed interior and tilting. It will be interesting to see. Too late now for the 00 model but I suspect the same may apply there also.

Spread across 14 vehicles so just a smidge over £20 per vehicle it seems.

Hi everyone,

I've received some preliminary files from the laser scanning company that i'm going over tonight, with a view to 'trying' to put them on here tomorrow after i come back for the night from the Crewe Heritage Centre 30th anniversary APT + 47 show. Please don't moan if i don't until Monday though.

However for tonight, i hope you like the link here below my name....... scanning, photography and film by Drone......enjoy, and you might fleetingly spot yourself if you attended the scanning on June 2nd this year!

cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

To whet everyone who might be interested's 'whistle', here are the latest cad/cam's of the APT that was scanned at the laser scanning party at Crewe Heritage Centre on 2nd June this year. Please note there is still some work to do to finish the cad/cam model

The new web site is promised to go live on Friday or Saturday evening, and those that have already expressed an interest, or new customers who haven't previously done so can 'express their interest' by pre-ordering directly from the site. Please note that previous orders will be removed from our systems along with customer details.

Only when enough pre-orders have been registered will customers be able to pay their deposit via a separate internal link specifically for them, and once the order book closes and tooling is about to begin, the APT in N will only be available, like its OO counterpart, at a higher RRP.

post-1144-0-18638100-1533724719_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-66921600-1533724730_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-18635300-1533724737_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-63717200-1533724743_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi,

the N gauge APT page will need putting on thecweb site and wont be available immediately.

i'll try and get someone to do it for me today if possible. (again, the black arts i know nothing about).

so, providing i get a web site today, then within the next 24 hours or so, i hope.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads up for anyone trying to order, I see DJM have posted an update on the various pages, but also stated that there remains an issue with payments - see http://djmodels.co.uk/update-on-pre-ordering-our-models/

Might be worth holding off for a day or two until they can sort that one out, as it will minimise the number of people they need to contact!  Been there, and had to do it in the past :)

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

i'm delighted to say that the new web site with e-commerce integrated is now up and running for those that need to register their interest in the N gauge APT project.

You will need to put your details in, and choose which model / models you require, but you will not be charged for doing so as this is merely a numbers game at the minute to see if this cheaper alternate model is viable.

The site is SSL compliant.

Please note that the system sends both you and i receipts for your 'expression of interest' so please bear in mind your order may reach your spam folder and to check it occasionally.

Also please note that the original list of N gauge 'expressions of interest' for the higher prices versions is now deleted, as are your details if you did express an interest.

also i would request that all customer who have written to me expressing an interest this last 2 weeks, now do this again via the web site so we both have a paper trail of your interest.

It's been a heck of a journey and i thank you all for your patience.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Like wise for a set 3 and set 7  to get 4 half sets all with black fronts.  I really hope that this works as the only thing I have to show of DJM great lists is a couple of mermaids - and I wonder if the choice of that wagon type was a bit lyical or a whimsy give the fctional nature of the beast !

The promised shark might also sit as a whimsy choice ! 

Luckily it is a hobby and I have a sense of humour  and patience - a good wine is always worth the wait. !!    

• Like 2