Current Models Available in the Market Place today

charliepetty

No one has even mentioned the one I like?

Charlie

I am not sure but I think no one of us has mentioned a HST before. I thought about it yesterday as I have seen the price for the GWR variant. With £289 it is silly high compared to the £230 for a 156. The HST is a bit like a DMU (Charlie’s & Arran‘s specialty). But in fact it is a locomotive which is availabe in the market for years and comes in a wide range of liveries.

Charlie, I think it‘s time to tell us which class you have in mind...

• RMweb Gold

I’ll second a class 104 DMU.

Lots of liveries there, wide length of service and covered a wide area...from NE/NW to London, 300 cars built.

It could be offered as a two car easily enough if there is sufficient demand, sell centre cars maybe as a crowdfunded commission ?

Green / GreenHYE / Green whiskers / Green Lion on wheel logo

Blue

Blue white cab roof

Blue white stripe - Blackpool services

Blue (black front windows) - Buxton line

Blue grey

Blue Grey (black stripe yellow front Test unit XPDM352)

Spring into Oban

NSE

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

I spoke with Charlie yesterday, he isn't doing a 66 for some reason.

Shouldn't be a problem Clive you can stand there as it goes pass and blow raspberries and make brum brum noises. :senile:

I am not sure but I think no one of us has mentioned a HST before. I thought about it yesterday as I have seen the price for the GWR variant. With £289 it is silly high compared to the £230 for a 156. The HST is a bit like a DMU (Charlie’s & Arran‘s specialty). But in fact it is a locomotive which is availabe in the market for years and comes in a wide range of liveries.

Charlie, I think it‘s time to tell us which class you have in mind...

The GWR HST is not a good comparison price wise..... the Hornby standard range swift HST set due for release this year, with TTS sound is £229 through Rails....

How about a 3H Thumper, now that would be nice! Its a shame Bachmann never released a Blue/Grey version due to the 2 car not carrying that livery but I'm sure a 3 car variant would sell like hot cakes. Cheers

Rory

Edited by FJ1701

What model 'Diesel Locomotive' which is on the market and available today in the UK, do you think could do with 'Replacing' ?

I thought this thread was about replacing a current model "diesel locomotive" as stated at the beginning or has it morphed into 'oh what the hell let's throw everything into the hat'.

I thought this thread was about replacing a current model "diesel locomotive" as stated at the beginning or has it morphed into 'oh what the hell let's throw everything into the hat'.

Charles is not moderating it very harshly - just the odd telling off every few months....... :nono:

• 3 months later...

Hallelulyah

What a fantastic thought. I super high detailed model of the class 37 and or 47. With all the super detailed features like engine room lights.............WOW.

I would bet there would be a large number of people who would be interested in these models and paying for them as well. We are so accustomed to the usual run of the mill details from Bachmann and Hornby that produce to a price point but what about going beyond this ?

Its possible and Hattons have already done this with the 66.

I for one would give this a MASSIVE thumbs up

Charles is not moderating it very harshly - just the odd telling off every few months....... :nono:

It is.   But its giving Realtrack some ideas.    Some of the items mentioned will become available in the future!   PPS We have another 9 differents 156s to do, another 6 different 142s, a modern wagon & another !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

• Like 1

It is.   But its giving Realtrack some ideas.    Some of the items mentioned will become available in the future!   PPS We have another 9 differents 156s to do, another 6 different 142s, a modern wagon & another !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Thank you Charlie. I guess that means we have a while to wait, if we don't model anything outside London and the SE?

Still think an up to date Class 155 is a no-brainer. Jim

Im not!    Charlie

A good 180 would be nice, but expensive.      

Shame Dapol did the 121/122 bubble car badly!!  Could have had:

Parking Reds at both ends.

Optional white marker light.

Working Headcode Box

Seperate Cab Lights

Seperate Interior Lights

Proper seating

Pre Fitted with a speaker and designed correctly for sound.

DCC NRMA Compliant to operate with ALL decoders not just the Dapol & Zimo ones.

Shame really as we had them on our list.   Oh Well!

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Im not!    Charlie

A good 180 would be nice, but expensive.      

Shame Dapol did the 121/122 bubble car badly!!  Could have had:

Parking Reds at both ends.

Optional white marker light.

Working Headcode Box

Seperate Cab Lights

Seperate Interior Lights

Proper seating

Pre Fitted with a speaker and designed correctly for sound.

DCC NRMA Compliant to operate with ALL decoders not just the Dapol & Zimo ones.

Shame really as we had them on our list.   Oh Well!

A 116 would be nice. Bachmann gone down the 117 route and with their glacier like speed you’d easily get yours out first

• 3 months later...

Wonder how events in the market are effecting Charlies plans to do a locomotive next?

Now that class 66 is taken...and a Deltic too! What does that leave... 37? 47? Peak?

Knowing how Charlie, Arran & Bif are always in pursuit of "Perfection"

I would Love to see them produce an updated class 37,

followed by a 47, 45 and 40 !!!

Now that little line up would be absolute heaven to a great many modellers/collectors.

I've been racking my brain over a model that really needs to be updated to the sort of spec promised with this new Hattons 66 and the only thing I can think of that needs to be updated (much more than the current Bachmann 37 & 47) - is the 'Peak', Derby type 4 or class 45.

If the variants such as the 44, 45/0 and 45/1 as well as the 46 could be catered for, I'm positive it would be a fair seller, despite the lower number of truly different liveries.

They were a long lasting machine that served on virtually every type of train and in most areas. Quite a goodly number had names and they sounded great, what's not to like?

Cheers,

John.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Psiborg said:

Class 20 - They have had a long lifespan with plenty of liveries (and it would be nice to get a RTR class 20 model with lighting for once!)

Would anyone risk it with Bachmann doing the 20/3s? I'd be surprised if they'd not tooled for doing other variations.

I think after the 142 has been done (and the as new 143/144,)  they might as well finish the lot off with the 141. Would love one. 3 different liveries to go at, and 2 front ends. Loved the look of the original West Yorkshire PTE Metrotrain Green/creamy white, but the front looked a lot cleaner/uncluttered after refurbishment with BSI coupler and the dodgy cable brakes binned in favour of conventional brakes.

• Agree 1