A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Withiel Junction

A very simple junction station on a minor line, track layout based on Blodwell junction in the Tanat valley. The line will share a narrow valley with a stream, and be set on a 90degree curve.. It is set in Cornwall, as an extension of the Ruthernbridge branch toward Roche. Such an extension extension was proposed in the 1870’s to link the Bodmin & Wadebridge to the Cornwall Minerals Railway. I have assumed that not only was it actually built, but that a later light railway was constructed westwards from the Withiel area to the coastal village of Trenance, in hope of developing a tourist trade. 

The cameo will be in 00 gauge on a curved baseboard, and it is intended to make it viewable from either side by repositioning the backscene.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think anybody has received an acknowledgement of their entry. I certainly haven't.

Nope, neither have I. I thought that if you were posting updates on here or the other 'recognised' forum, once you had submitted your form, that was all you needed to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now prepared an outline plan for what has so far been in my head - see below. The inside radius of the curved baseboard is 3', outside radius is 4'. I've had the baseboard since last year - it was actually a test build for a baseboard section for an '0' gauge test track. I thought it would do nicely for a cameo layout. Pretty light - the baseboard surface is 16mm honeycomb cardboard. The operator would normally sit inside the curve, so that the scene 'wraps around' them.

post-31741-0-76131300-1524779722_thumb.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

You are entered, but you haven't confirmed your entry with a sit rep as requested on the thread at the top of this section.

If you wish to stay in, then please respond as requested.

I look forward to hearing from you asap.

Simon