GWR streamlined railcar accessories

Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

Is there a list of what accessories should be supplied with the different versions of the Dapol GWR railcar model?

I know that some versions don't come with lamps but what about the horns?

My railcar (no. 11) does not have horns but they are shown in the line drawing on the box. I realise the box is probably common to all the variants so might not reflect the details of a particular version but the fact that they are shown on the line drawing and there are holes in the undercarriage where they would fit suggests they might be missing...

So it would be great to have a clear list, for all of the variants, that owners could check against their purchases.

I've got Number 11, it doesn't have horns.

There was some debate when the models hit the shops and even Dapol said (apparently) there should be horns but we've also seen photographs of Number 11 with full valances and no horn.

When first built it had something by the cab which was later replaced by the large horns underneath.

So it does appear to be correct.

You need to read this thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64529-Dapol-streamlined-railcar/page-1

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

OK, so after a bit of reading:

This photo of No10 (built in the same batch as No11, to the same design), shows horns: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64529-Dapol-streamlined-railcar/page-6&do=findComment&comment=2304087

This drawing of the No11 model by Dapol shows horns: https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/main-forum/gwr-railcar/project-managers-blog-ae/474-oo-gwr-railcar-opening-post

The horns may have been fitted later in the life of the vehicle but the same applies to the lamps, which Dapol supply as accessories (* on some variants), so I'd hope to at least get horns as optional accessories for the model of No11.

I realise that the differences between variants when they were first built, and then over their lifetimes, are quite complicated. I'd just like to know for certain what accessories should be supplied with each of the Dapol models, as retailed now.

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried just asking them?

Roy

I joined their forum, intending to ask the question there, but after several days they still have not allowed my account to post. Hence I have posted here instead.

If I do get an answer from them through any other channel I will report back here.

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

I joined their forum, intending to ask the question there, but after several days they still have not allowed my account to post. Hence I have posted here instead.

If I do get an answer from them though any other channel I will report back here.

It does take a few days for them to open new accounts up, but thereafter they are pretty good.

Roy

I was the one who they "apparently" told it should have horns!

They 'did' tell me it should have horns, and I can confirm mine didn't have any on the model, and none in the box. Hattons checked their stock and there were none in them either.

Edited by swiftbeam