London Road Models new 4mm LNER loco kits

Jol Wilkinson

London Road Models have introduced two new LNER/GNR 4mm loco kits.

The first is for the LNER J5 (GNR J22) 0-6-0.  This further addition to LRM's range of LNER/GNR  0-6-0 locos has the body etched in brass with a nickle silver chassis. Fittings are mainly brass fittings. The kit includes a jig to help with the accurate forming of the one piece cab side/roof. Price, including tender is £112.00

The second is for the LNER Q2 (GNR K1) 0-8-0. The kit was developed by Frank Davies for the Shipley MRS “Clayton” project. Beautifully designed, it is etched in brass and nickel silver with optional parts to build inside valve gear, which can be made to work if required. Castings are mainly in brass. Price, including tender £140.00

Wheels, motor and gears are required to complete either kit.

Further details can be found on the LRM website;

https://traders.scalefour.org/LondonRoadModels/locos-tenders-chassis/great-northern/

or by emailing London Road Models at;

londonroadmodels@btinternet.com

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
  • Like 4

Thank you Mike, I have now corrected my typo.

As far as I know, each of these kits can be built to OO SF, OO Ordinaire, EM (18.0 or 18.2mm), P4 or S4, so should suite anyone but the most totally weird. OO Ordinaire should not be confused with OOO, the Lonestar 2mm models. I think OO Ordinaire more suitable than OO Normal. And shouldn't SF be FS? So confusing.

Jol

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Mike, I have now corrected my typo.

As far as I know, each of these kits can be built to OO SF, OO Ordinaire, EM (18.0 or 18.2mm), P4 or S4, so should suite anyone but the most totally weird. OO Ordinaire should not be confused with OOO, the Lonestar 2mm models. I think OO Ordinaire more suitable than OO Normal. And shouldn't SF be FS? So confusing.

Jol

4-SF it is... for the moment ;)

Evening..

It's fantastic to see new kits being produced & brought to market.

Being part of the Clayton team I've be fortunate to witness some of the development of the LNER Q2 designed by Frank & it really is a great looking kit.

Please follow the link below for a little more info regards the Q2 & a photo showing the assembled test build still in the unpainted raw built by Frank Davies.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/125725-clayton/?p=2835177

I'm currently mid way through the test build for the Q1 also designed by Frank.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/88522-chris-gnr-workbench/?p=2770450

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1