• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 gordon s

gordon s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 16:49

I've had my Proxxon for several years and it's used for dozens of things.  £ for £ one of the best things I've bought, so don't think for one minute it will only get used for cutting sleepers.

• Like x 1

#27 Junctionmad

Junctionmad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 00:28

I've had my Proxxon for several years and it's used for dozens of things.  £ for £ one of the best things I've bought, so don't think for one minute it will only get used for cutting sleepers.

Absolutely , my was purchased to cut pcbs , but it's a great little saw for modelling. Work
  • Like x 1

#28 MikeH_83

MikeH_83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSileby, Loughborough

Posted 14 December 2017 - 16:11

Thanks, I ended up buying one last night on ebay and also a sheet of 1.5mm ply to be playing about with :)

#29 MikeH_83

MikeH_83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSileby, Loughborough

Posted 01 January 2018 - 15:52

Well I got my proxxon working today, Tried cutting a few sleepers.  First the saw blade that was fitted cut the ply a little rough which then needed tidying up,  I switched it for the fine blade that it came with as part of the package and as you can see from the upper most sleepers it cuts them quite nicely indeed.  Only minor downside was when cutting them down to individual sleepers they enjoyed going flying as they are very small and light lol.  Right time to buy more wood!

Attached Thumbnails

• Sleepers.jpg

Edited by MikeH_83, 01 January 2018 - 15:53 .

• Like x 2

#30 Junctionmad

Junctionmad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 19:00

I cut mine in full length strips and then use a hand guillotine to cut to length

I bought my proxxon via amazon.de where it was a good bit cheaper then .co.uk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: templot, proxxon, C&L, Dropper wires, 4-sf