Theft of Bachmann 31-651DB Class 47 Intercity Prototype

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

We have just found out that the prototype of the Bachmann Rep Limited Edition Class 47 Intercity 31-651DB has been stolen from Bachmann and it's whereabouts are currently unknown.

post-31829-0-43299800-1512734913_thumb.jpg

Please be on the lookout for this unique loco and if you have any information please let us or Bachmann know.

Alex @ Footplate

• RMweb Gold

We have just found out that the prototype of the Bachmann Rep Limited Edition Class 47 Intercity 31-651DB has been stolen from Bachmann and it's whereabouts are currently unknown.

attachicon.gif31-651DB - Copy.jpg

Please be on the lookout for this unique loco and if you have any information please let us or Bachmann know.

Alex @ Footplate

It was in the cabinet at Warley, visible to eyes but locked away from hands.

More info would be handy ...

Such as when and where was it stolen ?

I will ask my boss on Monday for more details and will post ASAP.

Alex @ Footplate

Edit: As far as I know it happened on Thursday night. We had the loco in the shop on Tuesday which is when we took the pictures of it, and then found out about it yesterday.

Edited by Midland Mole @ Footplate

The facts that I know for sure are our regional Bachmann rep, who had loco, had his car broken into Thursday night in the Solihull area and the loco plus a quantity of Collectors Club stock was taken. If any retailers, especially those in the West Midlands could be on the lookout for anyone trying to sell a number of new Collectors Club items, that is a good place to start. That is everything I know about the situation.

Alex @ Footplate

Edited by Midland Mole @ Footplate

• 1 month later...

On page 158 of the February issue of Railway Modeller there is a photo of 47832 Tamar in it's attractive executive livery, It looks like it is the production model but I was surprised to see that it appears to be lightly weathered. I think it looks really nice and maybe I will buy 2 and convert one to 47527 Kettering with a chassis swap with my 47436. (which may become 47818).

The roof weathering would help to disguise the boiler port conversion so I hope it is the production model.

On page 158 of the February issue of Railway Modeller there is a photo of 47832 Tamar in it's attractive executive livery, It looks like it is the production model but I was surprised to see that it appears to be lightly weathered. I think it looks really nice and maybe I will buy 2 and convert one to 47527 Kettering with a chassis swap with my 47436. (which may become 47818).

The roof weathering would help to disguise the boiler port conversion so I hope it is the production model.

As per above, the pre-production sample model of 47 832 was stolen, so does one now assume it's been recovered, ? perhaps the photo you refer to above is of a re-painted model, going by the model in Bachmann's display case at Warley, it looks pristine, with no sign of any weathering..............................

As per above, the pre-production sample model of 47 832 was stolen, so does one now assume it's been recovered, ? perhaps the photo you refer to above is of a re-painted model, going by the model in Bachmann's display case at Warley, it looks pristine, with no sign of any weathering..............................

This had me confused but the new weathered version has heavier numbers and the black surrounding the marker lights is also heavier which is consistent with other 47 releases. The lower mushroom colour looks lighter despite the weathering. It can't be too many days until these are released so not long to wait hopefully. 

This had me confused but the new weathered version has heavier numbers and the black surrounding the marker lights is also heavier which is consistent with other 47 releases. The lower mushroom colour looks lighter despite the weathering. It can't be too many days until these are released so not long to wait hopefully.

I'm now confused also. The Rep model of 47 832 as per photo at the top of this thread is correctly based on unbranded Exec Mainline Livery with tiny numbers.

Later on 47 832 had full Swallow livery applied together with cut away cab BB's. This version also had larger heavier No's and a lighter Silver White lower bodyside band as opposed to the darker Exec light Grey.....

I'm now confused also. The Rep model of 47 832 as per photo at the top of this thread is correctly based on unbranded Exec Mainline Livery with tiny numbers.

Later on 47 832 had full Swallow livery applied together with cut away cab BB's. This version also had larger heavier No's and a lighter Silver White lower bodyside band as opposed to the darker Exec light Grey.....

Sorry, when I said heavier numbers I meant thicker printing, they are still small numbers and the same livery as the prototype.

Sorry, when I said heavier numbers I meant thicker printing, they are still small numbers and the same livery as the prototype.

I'll check out the photo in Railway Modeller sometime this week.....................................

Edit:  Had a look at the above photo,  it does look very slightly weathered, but it may just be the photo lighting conditions.

Edited by tractor_37260