GNR horsebox drawing please

sir douglas

does anybody have a drawing for a GNR horsebox Dia 352, 10ft wheelbase, ive got a few pics off the net but with only the aforementioned wheelbase and the length over buffers to work with, i'd rather start with a drawing than have to make on myself from the pics

Hi,

There are drawings (and photos) in Historic Carriage Drawings Vol 3 NPCS by Peter Tatlow. It was published by Pendragon.

I would think someone in the Wakefield club will have the book, if not in the club library. 

All the best

Kevin.

• RMweb Premium

does anybody have a drawing for a GNR horsebox Dia 352, 10ft wheelbase, ive got a few pics off the net but with only the aforementioned wheelbase and the length over buffers to work with, i'd rather start with a drawing than have to make on myself from the pics

MRJ No. 5 has drawings for Diag 351 & 352.

Don't be misled by the contents page, as it lists them as GWR horseboxes!

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried the Great Northern Railway Society web site?

just tried it, nothing useful to me

We have the information but it is within our publications on wagons & coaches. they are available to purchase as a non member although you get a discounted rate if you are one. 

I have a feeling there might have been one in Modellers Back Track - if you can find an index to that sadly deceased publication.

(EDIT - Sorry, just found and checked such an index, but my memory had failed me. GN stuff, and horseboxes, but neither together.)

Edited by Poggy1165

i now have in my possession from the club, Historic carriage drawings volume 3 with the required drawing in, thanks for that Suddaby and the others options that werent needed

edit, noticed after posting that its my 1500th post

Edited by sir douglas