3 mm Society plastic chairs

hayfield

Please can anyone inform me if these chairs and the rail are available to non members please,, but it is for a dual gauge HOm & HOe project which I am thinking about. I know the easy answer is to join the society, but initially I would like to explore the feasibility of the building process first

Or has anyone got some they wish to dispose of

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Didn't know 3SMR did chairs, so can't tell you what TOC1 is or what rail it needs.

For the Society chairs you need to be a member of the Society. The cheapest bundle, TPP1,  is £6.65 for 20 sprues, each containing 10 standard chairs, one slide chair and one check rail chair. They need to be used with Code 60 bullhead rail.

Would the prototype for HOm or HOe have used bullhead rail and chairs, or would they have used flat bottom rail?

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel

Thanks for the info, you are quite correct I guess that they would have used flatbottom rail with some form of rail fixing, but in the early years of narrow gauge bullhead rail and chairs would have been used. Whilst I propose to do modern(ish) image modelling my view is that rather than solder rail to copperclad sleepers/timbers, chairs with the wrong profile rail would look better than soldered construction, and be easier to use.

As I said I would like to try out the system before investing too much into it

Any idea what TOC1 is please, as it says 240 chairs?

Edited by hayfield

Had a word with the chap from 3SMR and the chairs are for code 60, which might be a better size for HOm & HOe  but like the ides of slide and check rail chairs from the 3 mm Gauge Association.

If anyone has any of the 3mmGA chairs and rail surplus to requirements I am happy to buy them