Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

They didn't do too much last you either I remember people commenting... Hopefully this year they properly catch up the backlog...

Yep. I think the production problems that they initially seemed to avoid finally caught up with them recently. Hopefully they can start to get things back to better lead times.

While it is a tad disappointing that there's nothing new to really grab some of us, this is what happens when they are trying to announce models at a later stage of development.  If we wanted to wait 4/5 years again for a model then they might have told us about XYZ that they are working on behind the scenes.

Why would they announce more when they such a back catalogue of products to produce? Or are you hoping for more so people can complain when they have not appeared by 2025?

Someone's got their grumpy head on this morning - it was a light-hearted observation not a #TrumpTwitter - it wasn't ME that mentioned the backlog or complained about the non-appearance of products yet YOU manage to do so in a single sentence and thereby self-righteously condemn Bachmann all by yourself.

• Like 1

Whilst there are no grand announcements for Great Western stock and pretty much nothing for me to buy I'm not unhappy about it as there has been plenty of it released over the years, hopefully though in the not too distant future they will do a retooled version of the 78xx Manors or perhaps surprise us with a 33xx Bulldog. That said I might be tempted into getting a quarry Hunslet and some slate wagons as my main interests are lines that ran up around Mid Wales and the Cambrian Coast, I have always had a fetish for narrow gauge and this might be might chance to dabble in it a little.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bulleids w both 10” and 15” sliding lights. And Birdcages in malachite. Lots of winners in this announcement.

For me, six or maybe eight Bulleid coaches, a couple of locos (would have been three but I recently bought a Dapol 10001) and I haven't started working through the wagons yet.

The 10" vent 2-set in BR green is what I'm most chuffed about.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

They didn't do too much last you either I remember people commenting... Hopefully this year they properly catch up the backlog...

Not sure if you guys are NE region but it’s much like most years for us. The revised J72 has some appeal in replacing older models but still disappointed.

Have to admit to being a bit disappointed. Nothing here that really grabs me. Shame really. No surprises in the announcements this year.

The WD Parrot/WWl 45 ton Warflat is a nice touch to accompany the WWll 50 ton version due for release shortly!

Alas there will be disappointment from some that it is not the WWll Parrot for Crated Aircraft kits and later used by BR as cable drum carriers?

Mark

• RMweb Gold

The LBSC Umber Atlantic is an absolute stunner, and a logical move - will definitely be queueing for that one! Also Quarry Hunslets are quite a coup, bet they will be mightily popular - I've always thought they are one of the prettiest / most handsome engines in any gauge, and with industrial use they lend themselves well to an explosion in 009 modelling (even moreso than Baldwins / L&B). I can see many layouts ending up with an industry corner / exchange sidings! Useful reference page at https://www.quarryhunslet.mste.co.uk/public/intro.php.

Good to see the Bulleid coaches retooling. Otherwise, as others have said, looks like Bachmann are focused on clearing the backlog before announcing brand new 00 locos, which is a good thing (even if it leaves us to froth for another day  :no: ... I can't pretend I wasn't looking forward to a bit more, but think its a sensible approach).

We should probably keep an eye out for their Collectors Club members day in the summer, or towards Locomotion Models for any sneaky new announcements prior to 2019... But I wouldn't mind betting, after lots of catching up on production, that next year's announcement could be quite a blinder.  :sungum:   

So, Hornby, over to you...!  :mail:  

• Like 1

Class H1 Atlantic 4-4-2 39 "La France" in LB&SCR umber looks supurb, so I have put it on pre-order.

Is the Class D11 4-4-0 502 "Zeebrugge" in GCR lined green really going to cost £233.71?

Quarry Hunslets are going to start pipe dreaming of a small OO-9 pizza layout.

Edited by andrewwaite1

Still no Class 45 with flush nose ends.....

Don't get it either, just hope somebody else will do it but doubt it...

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig,

Very disappointed that the Class 45 has failed to appear. Surely this is the only major class of BR diesel which isn't represented with RTR model. There are none of the earlier ones with headcode panels or boxes around either. Thinking about rebuilding the noses on one of these ones.

Best wishes

John

• RMweb Gold

Unless they are bringing out Bullieds

Depending on whose are closest to being ready to sell or if they've picked different Bulleids.

My guess is that, if Hornby have got any in mind, it will be the 59' 3-sets built in 1946, which will let them use some existing parts from their Maunsell range as they did with the LSWR rebuilds. 

So long as there aren't exact duplications, both should do OK.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1