Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

Personally I think Bachmann will release a 47/7 in blue with silver roof. They already do 47701 in the Farish range with flush front. 

The Limited Edition 47/7 '47706 Waverley' in Scotrail livery will be available on a first come first served basis at the Glasgow show.

With the announcement from Bachman of a Scotrail DBSO to follow I would think this will prove a popular loco.

post-2371-0-26375700-1513730683.jpg

Dave.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A re-tooled Bachmann 43XX that might be an elderly body on new non-split chassis is not the way forward if we end up with 1980's lack of finesse and over-scale boiler bands and handrail knobs.

I think they've learnt that lesson now Larry and realised that just doing the chassis isn't enough with their older models.  The 43XX,  an ideal 1918 link of course, would be better than a 'Manor' and wouldn't compete with Dapol's ideas in many respects although to non GW modelling folk no doubt all Swindon 2-6-0s look the same (including the 'Aberdares'? :jester: )

• Like 2

I think they've learnt that lesson now Larry and realised that just doing the chassis isn't enough with their older models.  The 43XX,  an ideal 1918 link of course, would be better than a 'Manor' and wouldn't compete with Dapol's ideas in many respects although to non GW modelling folk no doubt all Swindon 2-6-0s look the same (including the 'Aberdares'? :jester: )

Years ago an old friend had an Aberdare converted in some fashion from an Airfix City of Truro kit.  Therefore all Swindon locos (never mind 2-6-0s) look the same. Qed, :jester:

It is a very good look of course.

• Like 2

This thing about  'All GWR locos alike' is merely going along with an old chestnut, and lets face it, some folk don't know much about railways anyway.  It could be said that all LMS Fowler locos look alike as do all Stanier locos, and no one mentions the Drummond family likeness in Scotland and the south of England.  

Edited by coachmann

Yep, Just like the Ivartt tanks, that where around 70-80 pounds, then they stick a new chassis under what is a very old body and now are asking £135.00.

• RMweb Gold

Years ago an old friend had an Aberdare converted in some fashion from an Airfix City of Truro kit.  Therefore all Swindon locos (never mind 2-6-0s) look the same. Qed, :jester:

It is a very good look of course.

Nothing, but nothing else looks like an Aberdare. Thank heaven. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

This thing about  'All GWR locos alike' is merely going along with an old chestnut, and lets face it, some folk don't know much about railways anyway.  It could be said that all LMS Fowler locos look alike as do all Stanier locos, and no one mentions the Drummond family likeness in Scotland and the south of England.  

True but Fowler loco's do look different to Stanier loco's which again look different to Ivatt loco's. Not quite the same with the GWR because from Churchward to Hawksworth the family likeness is plain to see aka 'they all look the same'. 

• RMweb Premium

True but Fowler loco's do look different to Stanier loco's which again look different to Ivatt loco's. Not quite the same with the GWR because from Churchward to Hawksworth the family likeness is plain to see aka 'they all look the same'. 

Interesting, it might be observed that the Bachmann 'Jubilee' (of which I have 4) have deep splashers, which have a tendency to make the model look like a LMS Castle...or is that just a matter of perception, or because Stanier had GWR roots?

Interesting, it might be observed that the Bachmann 'Jubilee' (of which I have 4) have deep splashers, which have a tendency to make the model look like a LMS Castle...or is that just a matter of perception, or because Stanier had GWR roots?

He put a proper safety valve bonnet on his first 2-6-0 for the LMS.......until they made him take it off! (CJL)

Yes, 'cos they are not as good. Simple as that. :thankyou: 

Only ones that do match the Western, in terms of design, appearance and standardisation is the North Eastern. :friends: 

All others pale compared to them. Sadly for some - the truth hurts. :declare:

• Like 2

At this years 2017 launch in Coventry I was told there were no plans to re do the 43XX at that time, I too hope things have changed in the 12 Months, (almost) since then.

No thank you. I would rather Dapol proceed with it's announced 43xx whilst Bachmann retool the Manor. Both companies then benefit from modeller dollars. 

• Like 1

The Class 20 must be due its retool. Said it 4 years in a row so its gotta happen soon as the firm works its way through retooling the entire diesel range. 

What do you find wrong with the existing class 20 tooling ? The only bit I am not keen on is the headcode box at the nose end, but I live with it.

I've made good use of the Drummond family connection. The last few years have been manna for HR loco bodgers who aren't obssesed with every last mm :boast:.....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

New GWR Carriages anyone? The current Collett are way beyond their sell by date - those moulds must have been replaced several times by now and need to be thrown away!

I reckon we could see a new 8750 as I have been told the moulds are shot and they don't want anyone else producing a new Pannier. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

New GWR Carriages anyone? The current Collett are way beyond their sell by date - those moulds must have been replaced several times by now and need to be thrown away!

Try Hornby, they've recently done some beauties.

I'd have suggested some better Southern Bulleid coaches, but I think Bachmann may have left that too long................

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

He put a proper safety valve bonnet on his first 2-6-0 for the LMS.......until they made him take it off! (CJL)

Not true, definitely not true! Derby put a safety valve bonnet the engine without the agreement of Stanier who instructed them to remove it.

Edited by PenrithBeacon

• RMweb Premium

I've made good use of the Drummond family connection. The last few years have been manna for HR loco bodgers who aren't obssesed with every last mm :boast:.....

Just to give the porridge a bit of a stir, that works both ways: Hornby could have been making Scottish engines all along and leaving those spolit Southerners to do some work for a change :)

No thank you. I would rather Dapol proceed with it's announced 43xx whilst Bachmann retool the Manor. Both companies then benefit from modeller dollars. 

Thanks CovKid, I thought a Manor was a 43XX, :O as it was the Manor I was talking to B/M about, just shows what I know about GW / Green pointy nose Locos.

Off to crawl back under my Stone until 2018. :scared:

• RMweb Gold

At this years 2017 launch in Coventry I was told there were no plans to re do the 43XX at that time, I too hope things have changed in the 12 Months, (almost) since then.

I also asked about the Lord Nelson, again a much asked for re tooling, but I was given the same answer, again it would be most welcomed by many.

We now know that the former would duplicate a model already under development at Dapol and the Lord Nelson seems to be odds-on favourite to be the 2018 headline loco from Hornby, to be announced the day after Bachmann reveal their programme.

On that basis, it seems extremely unlikely that Bachmann would change they're minds over either. Even if they did, on past form, a new loco developed from scratch starting today, isn't likely to emerge much before 2023. 

I'm not suggesting for one moment that we won't be offered a choice of 43xx models, but it's a safe bet that none will come in Bachmann boxes.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

Would love a new range of Collett sunshine coaches with more diagrams. Taking the Portholes and Thompsons as an example, perhaps we could expect a TK, BTK, CK, FK and BCK? A true pre-war GWR BG is essential also; probably a K40 or K41.

That being said with my business hat on I would say that Bulleid coaches are more of an open goal than Collett sunshine coaches at the moment.  

CoY