Loksound v3.5 in Hornby 08 sound settings

Grahamrfd

I recently bought a used Hornby 08 but the engine sound doesn't rev up when increasing the speed. It will eventually but my layout isn't big enough to reach the speed where this happens. Is it possible to alter anything in the cv settings to make it rev up at a lower speed setting?

Thanks

Graham

Edited by Grahamrfd

Thanks, Ive had a look and can't find a sheet specifically for the 08 but to be honest even if I could it might as well be written in chinese for what I would understand. It might need reblowing if its still possible to do that with an old chip.

Thanks, Ive had a look and can't find a sheet specifically for the 08 but to be honest even if I could it might as well be written in chinese for what I would understand. It might need reblowing if its still possible to do that with an old chip.

Here but its a v4.0 document...

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/download/item/154

Rob

Edited by RAFHAAA96
  • Like 1

Thanks again Rob,

To be honest I think I'll have to accept this chip has been messed up which is more than likely why it was sold. I guess the lesson learned here is don't buy used sound locos without being able to see them work first. I'll call Howes when they open and see if they can still do anything with a V3.5 chip.

Merry Christmas anyway :)

Graham

All my Hornby sound 08"s died comparatively quickly, one rather noticeably in the middle of a show. Another in similar fashion to yours.

I think its down to using full sized chips in limited space and overheating. Think a micro would be better option

Stu

Edited by lapford34102
  • Like 1

Could this chip be reblown to something else, say a class 25 and then I could refit a micro chip into the 08? I suppose the problem would be the age of this one.

Ive been looking at the ones done by Chinnor railway as they sound ok.

Edited by Grahamrfd

There are still some sound projects available for v3.5 from legomanbiffo and others. An email or PM to him might yield a list of those available.

Bif still does the 08 in 3.5 as I got my friends Hornby 08 re-blown for him, a lot better than the Hornby sounds.

Send him a PM or email direct.

Wiggy.

• Like 1

Bif still does the 08 in 3.5 as I got my friends Hornby 08 re-blown for him, a lot better than the Hornby sounds.

Send him a PM or email direct.

Wiggy.

Or available online, www.dckits-devideo.co.uk , under Reblows.   Just send the Loco OR Decoder to the address on the ordering page.

Charlie

• Like 1