Caradoc - thanks for the comments. It is much appreciated. The layout was built with various timeframes in mind ie rail blue, trainload and the fairly recent scene ie GBRF, EWS and Freightliner. However, while I have a reasonable number of rail blue 20s, and a few blue 37s and 47s, they are not chipped, or more importantly, sound chipped so the trainload era remains the main focus. A lottery win however could change the complexion entirely!! As with the offer to Imsforever, by all means say hello at the show and you are more than welcome to see the layout from the other side. Max

Caradoc - we are stand C29 at the back left hand corner of the hall. Max

Guest teacupteacup

It's fair to say Model Rail, is still the largest of the Scottish shows however reducing Perth to "Provincial" status does it no favours at all. It is a great show large enough surely to be a "National" if adding tags these nonsense willy waving tags is really appropriate.  It's well worth seeing and (to me and the many that go) by far the equal of Model Rail.

Would have to slightly disagree with you there, I find the Perth show to be much, much better then Model Rail, speaking as an exhibitor and punter at both over the years.  Model Rail is still a good show though, and good for picking up bits n pieces, but then Perth is getting much better in that respect too!

For those interested in the Future Scottish Railway project, the new HSTs (high Speed Trains) that are due to start routes in May 2018 has been modelled specially for this event in the livery that is soon to be seen up and down Scotland.

Full Display on Stand 1 at Model Rail Scotland.

Special thanks to Scotrail HST project team for making this project possible for Model Rail Scotland event this weekend.

post-13838-0-71830100-1519134108_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Very nice . I'll have a look and see that . I'm so looking forward to the refurb trains appearing on Scotrail . To be honest I'm a little disappointed they aren't going to be in the normal Transport Scotland "Saltire" livery as I think that would have suited the powercars and intermediate coaches very well. However that's only a small observation , these power cars certainly look good . Hopefully Hornby will produce them, although we will also need refurb Mk3s with power doors .

Your hall awaits! Everything checked and ready..just need the trainsets and traders now. Have a great show everyone. Dave.

The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point ready for van loading around 10am tomorrow and we should be at the SEC around 1230 having travelled all of 3 miles after a tea break!! Lets hope its a good one as Dave has stated. Max

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I’ve just collected the hire van for the long trip north from Stafford to Glasgow with club members layouts Chebstone & Franwood TMD

Normal stops being the services in the lakes for a early lunch and afternoon cuppa at Motherwell services before a mid afternoon arrival at the SEC

Looking forward the weekend.

Eltel

• Like 2

Just in and everything ready to go.

Some very nice layouts on show and some extremely nice examples visiting from south of the border with Newhaven Harbour and Canada Street amongst my personal favourites.

Weather is great and we have the announcements from TMC and Rails to look forward to in addition to the Scotrail 47/7s going on sale.

Another great show.

Dave. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Weather is great and we have the announcements from TMC and Rails to look forward to in addition to the Scotrail 47/7s going on sale.

Another great show.

Drove up from Wales to Ayr this evening. Looking forward to visiting the show in the morning.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

A very good exhibition. Enjoyed my 45th successive visit , a really good day .

I thought the standouts were Coppell, constant action , a great range of stock including emus . Even a track tamper!

Dalby Wood , from Warley. First time I’ve seen this. Steam/diesel transition, of which there doesn’t seem much this year . Locos not often seen on Scottish circuit like Heljan Hymeks etc . Western on top level, Midland below . Again lots of action.

Aberdeen Kirkhill . Great 80s/90s action.

Aldbourne, a lovely 009 layout perfectly operated

Surprise of the show, Broadford, an Australian layout . First time ever I’ve seen that. Very interesting

These 5 are worth the trip in itself, but of course there’s so much more . I think for the last 10 years two day visits have been necessary to see it all. Tomorrow will be my video day.

Well done AMRSS.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

A very good exhibition. Enjoyed my 45th successive visit , a really good day .

I thought the standouts were Coppell, constant action , a great range of stock including emus . Even a track tamper!

Dalby Wood , from Warley. First time I’ve seen this. Steam/diesel transition, of which there doesn’t seem much this year . Locos not often seen on Scottish circuit like Heljan Hymeks etc . Western on top level, Midland below . Again lots of action.

Aberdeen Kirkhill . Great 80s/90s action.

Aldbourne, a lovely 009 layout perfectly operated

Surprise of the show, Broadford, an Australian layout . First time ever I’ve seen that. Very interesting

These 5 are worth the trip in itself, but of course there’s so much more . I think for the last 10 years two day visits have been necessary to see it all. Tomorrow will be my video day.

Well done AMRSS.

There will be another chance to see Broadford at Perth 2019

Regards,

Stan

• RMweb Premium

I think for the last 10 years two day visits have been necessary to see it all.

Well done AMRSS.

Agreed. Was there for doors opening at 10 and left just after 17.30. My feet are killing me. Brilliant show. Many, many great layouts. For me though, Franwood TMD, a small micro-layout was the star attraction. Only 4 feet by 15", but 2 or even 3 locos moving the whole time. Went back 2 or 3 times just to marvel at this. It has given me a lot of ideas ...

post-22167-0-93734400-1519417682_thumb.jpg

post-22167-0-76160600-1519417800_thumb.jpg

post-22167-0-84670600-1519417949_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

What ScotRail DMUs are for sale at the stalls?

Gonna get myself one to slip onto my wee Callander branch line layout.

Realtrack have their Class 156s available. Gorgeous model in both First Barbie and Saltire liveries. Their stand is right at the back of the hall.

They also have samples of future liveries that they will be covering, including Strathclyde Orange and Black.

Edited by 87029
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What ScotRail DMUs are for sale at the stalls?

Gonna get myself one to slip onto my wee Callander branch line layout.

I purchased a RealTrack Class 156 from Charlie at RealTrack (DCKits). This is my 4th one of these brilliant units which put all other DMU's to shame.

I did see a trader had the Bachmann Ltd Ed Class 107, 3 car unit in Strathclyde PTE livery. These are getting hard to find now.

Edited by Scottish-Exile