Strathwood 2018 Titles

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone, as the main manufacturers are set to announce their 2018 releases soon and judging from all the froth that has been created, I thought perhaps we should join the fray with an announcement of whats in store for the coming year too.

It will be a very busy year with a huge number of releases, some within our existing ranges, and some very new titles, sure to be very well received by all. For the last six years we have been working on assembling what should turn out to be the ultimate black & white steam photographic albums ever to be produced, having trawled through what must be in excess of 350,000 images, yes thats correct believe me. The quality of the images and some of the rarities found for what will become over forty albums to cover all the regions from 1948 until 1968 will astound.

So drop in and have sneaky peek at whats in store for 2018 on New Year's Day here on RM Web.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

As I mentioned previously for the last few years we have been working on compiling material for a huge number of titles. Having viewed so many images as part of this process we have managed to turn up some real gems and to ensure that those photographs which are selected for publishing are of the highest quality right across the board.

As we are all heading towards a certain age as the ladies like to put it, myself included, I also still have one eye very much upon retirement too. Therefore as we have seen with some of the more recent titles print runs of just 1000 copies are spot on, as depending upon the title we can be sure of clearing them within twelve months or so, which suits me down to the ground as I do not want to gaze upon a warehouse with pallets of unsold books when as I start the slow down to retirement.

So with that all very much in mind, my intention is to release books in blocks of five at a time.

For this year we will hopefully manage to get out the following;

Steam and the Scrapyards

Steam's Lament The British Railways Standard Pacifics

Steam's Lament The British Railways Standard 9Fs

Steam's Lament The British Railways Standard 4-6-0s & Moguls

Steam's Lament The British Railways Standard Tank Locomotives

These will start the basis for a forty strong series of high-quality large format black & white photographic albums concentrating on the British Railways steam era from 1948 until 1968. Volumes will vary in page numbers from 96 pages up to 240 pages depending on the topics.

We then have five volumes similar in format to Syphon Salute 50 Years of Class 37s, each will be released to help raise funds for the Class 37 Locomotive Group, The Fifty Fund, The Class 40 Preservation Society, The Diesel Traction Group and last but not least The Deltic Preservation Society.

Large Logo Memories

Fifties Fever

Forties Salute

Western Wonders

Deltic Devotion

Each will be 96 pages, full colour and large format.

Not forgetting our established and collectable series of albums in their usual formats, we turn our attention to;

Seventies Spotting Days along the East Coast Mainline

Seventies Spotting Days along the West Coast Mainline

Looking back at Diesel Shunter Designs

Looking back at First Generation DMUs

Looking back at Transition Traction to the Scrapheap

Then we return to expand the black & white large format photographic album series;

Steam's Lament London Midland Region Engine Sheds

Steam's Lament Western Region Tank Locomotives

Steam's Lament Eastern Region Named Locomotives

Steam's Lament Bulleid Locomotives

Steam's Lament Maunsell Locomotives

Not forgetting the ever popular  Days Remembered series these move onwards with;

Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VI

Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VII

Western Steam Days Remembered II

Eastern Steam Days Remembered II

London Midland Steam Days Remembered III

Then to conclude the year we will go for five more in what should be eagerly awaited by then after you have seen the quality of the first volumes within the new black & white albums series;

Steam's Lament Eastern Region Engine Sheds

Steam's Lament Southern Region Tank Locomotives

Steam's Lament London Midland Region Named Locomotives

Steam's Lament Collett Locomotives

Southern Region EMU Lament

Therefore 2018 should build up to a memorable one for railway publishing, we will confirm the actual launch dates once we have delivery dates from the printers for each consignment. In addition for those already on our mailing list, you will receive free updates through the post or via email, if you would like to be included drop me an email via RM Web with either your email address of your postal address and we will add you to the list.

Happy New Year to all.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Wow, that's a very impressive selection just for 2018. Good luck getting them all out; there are several of interest to me.

Hopefully lots of photos of Westerns.

Also hoping that Seventies Spotting Days along the West Coast Mainline will include plenty of photos of Class 50s north of Crewe. So relatively few published elsewhere, there must surely have been some good material for you to choose from. Or if not in that book, hopefully in Fifties Fever.

A potentially expensive year for me, with the other Diesel & Electric books in colour.