30 replies to this topic

#26 PaulRhB

PaulRhB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,648 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 04 January 2018 - 20:09

Build part 3 of the HSB layout, four boards worth of wood cut yesterday :) here we go . .
  • Like x 1

#27 Patriot87003

Patriot87003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 20:40

My main modelling aim is to complete the wiring of the colour light signals and Heathcote control modules. Also at least one decent running session per month as too much time in recent months has been spent progressing the layout.

I also aim to pluck up the courage (and find time) to create a layout thread to show and share my layout. I've been mostly a lurker on RMweb for far too long! I really enjoy reading and viewing the efforts of others, the trials and tribulations along the way, the many useful tips as they've been a great help to me.
  • Like x 3
  • Friendly/Supportive x 1

#28 Patriot87003

Patriot87003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 17:40

How is everybody getting on with those new year resolutions made at the start of the year? Time flies ... can’t believe it’s already mid-September!

I’ve broadly kept to mine so successfully completed the wiring of the signals and they work really well. It took take a while but in recent days I’ve got round to creating a layout thread, linked below:

http://www.rmweb.co....vidson-parkway/

Running sessions have still been too few and far between but I gave the track a good clean with the CMX and Dapol Hoover, so time for a few running sessions, especially following the arrival of the new Hornby Class 87s.

#29 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in darkest Cornwall

Posted 14 September 2018 - 18:27

Coombe viaduct does have a home where it can stay up, but there needs to be work done to allow for running. The kayaks remain dusty, but the canoe did get wet over the summer. 

• Like x 1

#30 Colin_McLeod

Colin_McLeod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • LocationCo. Kerry, Ireland.

Posted 14 September 2018 - 19:39

Having moved house in 2017 and with my layout in storage my modelling resolutions for 2018 are as follows;
1) Get the shed ready for commencing the model railway by the end of April
2) Get all (or most) of the baseboards compete and "something running" before Christmas.
I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Well I am still working on item 1 and item 2 will be my 2019 resolution.

20180909_144659.jpg

20180913_132551.jpg

20180831_124450.jpg
  • Like x 1

#31 MarkSG

MarkSG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 873 posts
  • LocationVale of Evesham

Posted 14 September 2018 - 20:12

Well, taking mine in order...

The loft remains unconverted. Too many other things to spend the money on, really.

The main project remains mothballed. The working diorama has proceeded in fits and starts, but is nowhere near finished. Although that's partly because I've changed my mind half a dozen times about what it should look like. It's now expanded into a compact layout, a bit more than just a working diorama, on which I will be able to run my pair of J70s when they arrive. But it's still little more than a plank and some track. I have, at least, put together some kits (buildings and wagons) that will be useful for it when it's ready to receive them.

I've been slightly more successful in my non-modelling targets. One thing I did a few weeks ago was fulfil a long-held desire to visit the military cemeteries of France and Belgium where three of my relatives, casualties of WWI, are buried. And I'm now writing a regular monthly column for one of my local newspapers, which is good discipline. 

• Like x 1