Father Brown at Toddington

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

In Tuesday's episode of Father Brown much of the action was around Toddington Station on the GWSR.

It also featured a model railway of "Kembleford"  which in the episode was "Built by the Station Master". Is that also at the GWSR?

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The 28xx on the viaduct does look good!

As for the model railway, its privately owned by Dave Boot.  Its certainly one tidy looking model! Unfortunately its not on display at the GWSR.

The only model at the GWSR is at Winchcombe in the mail coach. There's a video of it here:

Edited by Captainalbino

Hah - had gone over for the Air Show at Fairford on the Saturday and wandered over to the GWSR to have a look see on the Sunday. Saw some of the filming but were not allowed onto the station so after a gander at 35006 went elsewhere. Would like to go back and visit the railway though. At the airshow came across one of the army pilots wot I had worked with so well pleased.

• RMweb Premium

Father Brown is clearly a Model Railway enthusiast.  I recall that on one episode some years ago, his desk drawer was opened to reveal, among other things no doubt more pertinent to the plot, a copy of Model Railway Constructor which I think showed a price of 1/6d.

DT

Father Brown is clearly a Model Railway enthusiast.  I recall that on one episode some years ago, his desk drawer was opened to reveal, among other things no doubt more pertinent to the plot, a copy of Model Railway Constructor which I think showed a price of 1/6d.

DT

Also in an early episode where he was confined due upstairs to a leg injury, there were numerous Hornby O gauge locos and accessories.  I think this might have also been the episode where Lady Felicia appeared in a state  of dishabille after an encounter with one of the locals.  Perhaps that might jog your memory! :onthequiet:

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yes Brian, I remember that one! More recently, I watched an episode called "The Kembleford Dragon". Lots of railway plus a model railway layout plus quite a bit of railway memorabilia, albeit not the good Father's though he was clearly interested in it. I wonder if Mark Williams himself has any influence on this? He did once do a 10 episode TV series "Mark Williams on the Rails" celebrating 200 years of railways. Unfortunately I didn't see it (though I note the DVD of the series is available for less than a fiver).

DT

Edited by Torper