Bachmann announcements 2018 - full list

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I dread to think when the Caley is pushed back to , given that the models so far mentioned were announced some time ago

ANot to mention the G5 that TMC have commissioned from them. Presumably neither of these 2 commissions will appear before the GWR 94XX or the MR 0-4-4T.

Commissioned models usually appear a bit quicker than the normal production stuff.

Put yourself in the manufacturers shoes - let's accept the commission as it's likely to be some money up front rather than waiting for the return on production model that will only come in after they have been made and sold to the retailers.

This happened with DJModels as he took on commissions ahead of his announced models. After all, DJM has a mortgage to pay and a family to feed.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Where do you see that? All I see is ETA: TBC!

attachicon.gif2018-03-06.jpg

I very much hope you're right though!

Bachmann has updated the page. On Monday when checking under Availability, it took you to a separate document to download, which included delivery estimates into 2019.

Edit: The new version is still much less user-friendly than the old site, where each "brand" was listed separately. At least you can now list in catalogue number order, but it's still a huge list so difficult to find things. The old version with an intermediate level by brand and then sub-categories (Steam locos, D&E locos, coaches, wagons etc.) was much easier to navigate. For example, I model in OO so am not in the least bit interested in having to scroll through Farish N gauge items in the same list.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold

£306 according to latest Hattons email update.... plus still up to 18 months away.... so that could equate to further price rises before its released.....

This is referring to the new 158 with sound....no doubt it’ll be a select chip as opposed to a v4.....

We'll be on V5 or even 6 by the time it appears :)

No date on the new livery 150s still......[apart from the massively overpriced ATW sound one which I have now been priced out of buying] How long does/should it take to do this?!

Agreed, was one I would've liked, but at that price, its as much as the discounted IEP nearly.  Appreciate it has sound.  The decision was to have the IEP, rather than this.  Have to budget rather than gorge these days and as the wife says... :nono:

Luckily the other GWR items from them are looking like next year, which eases the pressure a bit, but will obviously mean the dreaded upshot in price.

I read earlier on another thread (which I can't find now) about the American locos and detail - was connected to the aging Bachmann Class 66's.  I was quite amazed by what you got for the dollar amount, but actually at the current exchange rate, they weren't too far off what we pay hear at the moment.  Quite fancied one though tbh...

• RMweb Premium

The problem with the long lead times is that anything after Feb next year is likely to be hit be another price rise and a lot of stuff is showing as 2019

I stand to be corrected but I think this is the first time Bachmann has shown availability dates so far in the future because they are subject to slippage. So I’m taking the dates as no more than a rough earliest possible guide.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure that there will be official word on this from Bachman in due course, maybe via the Collector's Club magazine, but the push out of so many dates seems quite surprising given that they seemed to be getting on top of the design backlog, and for many of the items now due in 2019 (e.g. The 90s), we've already seen livery samples which is normally indicative of impending production and release.

Where do you see that? All I see is ETA: TBC!

attachicon.gif2018-03-06.jpg

I very much hope you're right though!

On the Hatton's website - due July/August 2018. Site seems to have been updated with the most recent delivery details/price rises (e.g Class 117 DMU) that have featured in e.g. Hattons/Rails recent email updates.