Bachmann Product Specifications

pc3163

I seem to have great difficulty trying to find out the specification for Bachmann products. Their website seems to give very few details - unless I'm looking in the wrong place.  Re-sellers can give conflicting details. For instance, the Bachmann 31-380 Class 416: some re-sellers say it comes with passengers (I think I found this on the Bachmann site somewhere too), others say not; some say it comes with interior coach lighting others don't give any such details.

Is there a definitive place to find out what's really included with any particular product?

I think they are revamping the Bachmann website. So it might improve, hopefully.

One of the best places is the Hattons website. Usually good clear photographs. Other retailers are available. Kernow and Rails Of Sheffield are other good websites.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/

http://www.hattons.co.uk/182142/Bachmann_Branchline_31_380_Class_416_2_EPB_EMU_6262_in_BR_blue_grey_with_Network_SouthEast_branding/StockDetail.aspx

Also look at the relevant threads on here. You sometimes have to wander through lots of irrelevant things, but you also come across loads of important information.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

Thanks, Jason

Yes, I tend to use those sites too, but they don't quite give everything one needs/expects before one buys - and why should it be left to them rather than the manufacturer?! At least Hornby tend to provide a lot of details themselves.

Let's hope the Bachmann website re-vamp provides more helpful info.

Meanwhile does anyone know if the Bachmann 31-380 Class 416 actually has coach lighting & passengers?

Bachmann class 416 2 EPBs all have coach lighting and headcode lighting, all worked from F0 on DCC or all just on when on analogue.

I can't answer the question on whether or not there are people inside, though.