Blackburn Exhibition Nov 10/11 2018 - new date - new venue

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

After a number of years at the Hyndburn Sports Centre, the Blackburn and East Lancs Model Railway Society feel the need to move on as changes at the venue were not conducive to our exhibition. Thanks to the staff at HSC for being so accommodating over the years.

The date for the 2018 show is 10/11 November.

The venue is Darwen Vale High School, just on the boundary of Blackburn and Darwen with a very frequent (*) passing bus service and 400 yards from junction 4 of the M65

More details to follow as we finalise them.

Exhibitors that have been invited to our 2018 show will be contacted in the very near future with more details.

Cheers,

Mick Bryan

Chairman B&ELMRS

(*) 7 or 15 minutes on Saturday and 15 minutes on Sunday

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The Bachmann returns stand was there?

Good luck with the new venue, have been a few times with my football boots on (and won).

Not sure about football boots needed for the Bachmann scrum. Shoulder and shin pads maybe.....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

After a number of years at the Hyndburn Sports Centre, the Blackburn and East Lancs Model Railway Society feel the need to move on as changes at the venue were not conducive to our exhibition. Thanks to the staff at HSC for being so accommodating over the years.

The date for the 2018 show is 10/11 November.

The venue is Darwen Vale High School, just on the boundary of Blackburn and Darwen with a very frequent (*) passing bus service and 400 yards from junction 4 of the M65

More details to follow as we finalise them.

Exhibitors that have been invited to our 2018 show will be contacted in the very near future with more details.

Cheers,

Mick Bryan

Chairman B&ELMRS

(*) 7 or 15 minutes on Saturday and 15 minutes on Sunday

Shame - I liked Hyndburn in September and one of the Worlds Greatest Railway Journeys -  Preston to Accrington.

Lovely.

Still -  cant please us all.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bump - layouts attending.

Canalside Ironworks

Cumberland Gap

Deadmans Lane

Apethorn Junction

Fenchurch St Peter

Llanfair Caerinion

Fidler's Row

Lower Darwen Shed

Carrowbeg

Grange Over Sands

Thomas

More info to follow.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Hello

We are looking forward to our visit with Fenchurch St Peter Mick. This will be our last show this year so we hope all goes as well as ever.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stock to weather packed. Examples of weathered stock ..packed. books of colour photos of stock..packed.

And covered mug ..packed.

Tomorrow will be get it in the car and very bright and early Saturday it's time to go to the Show!

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Your illness?

I hope your bringing nothing contagious :umbrage:

A  Leeds MRS colleague was going to cover Saturday. As he is now recovering from a serious operation I shall now be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The show is mostly set up and ready to go. Just a few stragglers to arrive Saturday morning.........

We have a 150 space on site car park. There is also car parking on the streets nearby, but will get busy around 1-2.30pm as Blackburn Rovers are playing at home and some of the match day parking takes up some of the available spaces.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Arrived just before Mick this morning. Good run over. Parked up..loaded my gear on my trolley and walked in.Set up stand...had a bacon bap and a brew then...

Quite a few people (both male and female) had a go at weathering.  All seemed to have enjoyed the show and also having to put up with me!

Day 2 beckons...

baz

• Like 1

I'd like to thank all the team and organisers of this year's exhibition at BELMRS for a cracking show as usual, especially given the added challenge of an entirely new venue. The school was perfect for the exhibition, with plenty of space which was filled with the usual superb variety of layouts, trade stands, demonstrations and society stands. Below is an overview of the main hall:

post-21664-0-09554500-1541967748_thumb.jpg

A great weekend! :good:

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of the Blackburn & East Lance MRS, a big thank you to all our exhibitors traders, demonstrators and public for coming to our show this weekend.

It was a little fraught on Friday evening - new venue and all that. Apologies to the traders for issues with tables.

Parking was an issue - especially Saturday morning - but that was quite probably because a lot of folks turned up early!

Both ourselves and the venue have lessons to learn.

First count is numbers are up - quite possibly on the back of the GMRC TV show. We certainly saw a lot of families with kids.

Once again - thanks for making it a good weekend

Cheers,

Mick

Chairman, Blackburn & East Lancs MRS

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

On behalf of the Blackburn & East Lance MRS, a big thank you to all our exhibitors traders, demonstrators and public for coming to our show this weekend.

It was a little fraught on Friday evening - new venue and all that. Apologies to the traders for issues with tables.

Parking was an issue - especially Saturday morning - but that was quite probably because a lot of folks turned up early!

Both ourselves and the venue have lessons to learn.

First count is numbers are up - quite possibly on the back of the GMRC TV show. We certainly saw a lot of families with kids.

Once again - thanks for making it a good weekend

Cheers,

Mick

Chairman, Blackburn & East Lancs MRS

A good show - maybe a few well known traders down? but it's nearly Warleytime - personally I prefer the September slot as it fills the gap after the Summer. Bit of a maze off the M65 but signs were OKish - Parking was tight although Bl*ckburn Rovers were at home  - Ewood has never seen such a crowd.

Hello

On behalf of John, Paul and myself I would like to thank Mick, John and the rest of  Blackburn club for inviting us to the show and giving us such an enjoyable weekend. This was our last show of the year and my first one since May so it was good to have a play on Fenchurch St Peter. Time now to complete our new layout Framplington before heading to Kendal in January with Towcester.

Cheers

George

• Like 4