KNP

I've reverted to my usual butterfly mode... flitting from idea to idea and not getting things finished.

Must pull my proverbial finger out.

I'll let you into a little secret, apart from having the idea that the track would run in opposite directions to the stream to divide the base into four.

That was it.....even the track (009) came as an after thought following a telephone chat with my friend who dropped a length off when they visited.

I've sort of made it up as I went along whereas Long Walk Home had drawings and sketches, even then it got altered as work progressed.

So I thought, basic idea in the old noddle and we'll see where we go from there.

• Like 1

Well, been messing about with photo editing (again) and using the Cut Out Studio and this is what I came up with.

Need to work on refining the edges to get for example individual grass strands, but I have my manual so I feel a reading session needed.

So here they are......

post-8925-0-19936400-1516279624_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-94696000-1516279631_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-34425200-1516279640_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-78017200-1516283661_thumb.jpg

Base plinth needs to added hence using Cut Out.

After looking at these pictures I have decided to add a telegraph pole by the railway fence.

Phase 1 nearly done.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

Sorted refining, it was to do with the fact I didn't have a plain colour base for the model/pictures so it made defining the edges problematical.

post-8925-0-69587500-1516287450_thumb.jpg

Front done deliberately with a straight edge as I think it looked better so I over painted it.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

After looking at my previous pictures I realised the tree (with no leaves) didn't look right so last evening I fitted some painted Seamoss sprigs to it and then gave it a spray of Dullcote to seal/fix/unify 

Then I have been pulling my hair out this morning as I couldn't get the cut out result of the previous picture, so after quite a while I went away had a drink (soft!), came back started again and realised right at the beginning I had forgotten to invert pixel selection???? See so simple!

Plain sailing after that......

post-8925-0-44538300-1516366965_thumb.jpg

Now that looks better and more like what I was looking for...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Spooky.....I've a similar idea brewing but with a distant signal and fog and hut..........

Initially read that as 'fag and hat'.

Back in the room now.

Rob.

And this what happens when you forget to invert pixel selection.

post-8925-0-21816900-1516372194_thumb.jpg

I can see why now but for a while this morning I didn't.........!?!?!

Did what I what I have preached on here many a time and that is walk away and then came back later refreshed.

• Like 2

Hi KNP your modeling is brilliant you have captured the scene perfectly thanks for sharing.

Many thanks and for something that was 'freelance' and designed as I proceeded it has come out exactly as I had envisaged it in my minds eye.

Well, that didn't take too long especially as 'Dancing on Ice' is on so I was able to retreat to the railway room easily.

Finished, coat of grey primer applied and now left to dry thoroughly overnight then the detailing paintwork.

post-8925-0-85246500-1516564237_thumb.jpg

When fitted to the base it looked like it needed some support cables so I will look at that tomorrow when I can handle it.

Based on an actual one that I found in Alamy.com, that one had 8 cross bars but that was pushing it close to the heights limits for this challenge so reduced it to 6.

There is meant to be insulators missing as it supposed to be a redundant pole decaying quietly by the side of the railway line.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Excellent, as always.

But.....

...would there be a path of worn grass/mud leading to the logs over the stream?

...would there be more growth around/up the now disused telegraph pole, such as ivy?

...and would there be a touch of ground frost to match the title?

Excellent, as always.

But.....

...would there be a path of worn grass/mud leading to the logs over the stream?

...would there be more growth around/up the now disused telegraph pole, such as ivy?

...and would there be a touch of ground frost to match the title?

Thanks

I answer in order.

....good idea but have they just been put down!

....PW gang have just been along tidying up trackside...??? Seriously, it's not fixed yet as I have decided, after looking at the pictures, that a bit more weathering needs to add like moss/mould and weeds around the base.

....TBC

• Like 1

Brilliant as always! Just an observation but the trunks of the conifers(??) look a bit stark do you think?

Thanks

They now look much better as I forgot to paint them prior to gluing......they are now painted!!!!

• Like 2

Should i just give in now trying to model to this standard before i waste too much more time, money and effort? :O :banghead:  :cry:   or carry on and learn from the master model maker that is KNP? Words fail me as to just how real this and your other work really is!  :)  :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Should i just give in now trying to model to this standard before i waste too much more time, money and effort? :O :banghead:  :cry:   or carry on and learn from the master model maker that is KNP? Words fail me as to just how real this and your other work really is!  :)  :locomotive:

8" x 8" is all well and good, but can he do it on a room-sized layout ????