Slow speed judder in TTS CL60

• RMweb Premium

Fitted my Lima Cl60 with a Hornby TTS decoder. All the sounds work well however at low speed it Judders quite badly, as soon as I increase speed up to around 30 (128 steps) it runs very smooth.

I am wondering if it is a back EMF problem which I can correct by altering CV s. The motor is a Modeltorque replacement which is much smoother and more powerful than the original. Would be grateful for any advice.

Edited by 7013

• RMweb Gold

Takes me to the Jerky running site then switches to Rannoch Moor.....Weird

Did exactly the same for me....took me to a Jerky Hornby Loco thread then within seconds took me a December 2010 page of the Rannoch Moor thread.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the suggestions chaps, Cv 150 was set at 1 so I changed it to 0. Also changed CV 151 which affects the slow running speed and CV10 which affects BEMF. Anyway after playing around a bit my Lima Cl 60 runs well; slight hesitation on setting off but the Modeltorque motor does have a lot of torque and takes a bit of a shove to get it going. I must say the Cl60 TTS decoder does sound very good and is outstanding value for around £40. I did eventually find the Jerky Hornby thread as well.

• 3 years later...