Bachmann AND FARISH ESSO TTA TANKERS--NUMBERING

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

Paul Bartlett's site states these were numbers 6000-6199 when first introduced in 1964.

However Bachmann have numbered those in the  Branchline and Farish ranges in the 5900 series, e.g. 5925 and 5970.

I'm hoping to re-number my rake of TTAs correctly.

Can anyone help please?

David Radcliffe's 'Modern Private Owner Wagons on British Rail' gives the TOPS numbers of the Esso 45t class A tanks as 56000 to 56281 which concurs with Paul Bartlett. 6000-6199 is only the Pickering built batch, there were also Chas Roberts (6200 to 6240) and Powell Duffryn (6241 to 6281) batches.

Edit: Having Googled images of the Bachmann wagons, I see that they are BRT branded which means that they are not the ESSO owned batches but hired in. Take a look at the first photo in this gallery:

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brttanks

Edited by giz

• RMweb Premium

David Radcliffe's 'Modern Private Owner Wagons on British Rail' gives the TOPS numbers of the Esso 45t class A tanks as 56000 to 56281 which concurs with Paul Bartlett. 6000-6199 is only the Pickering built batch, there were also Chas Roberts (6200 to 6240) and Powell Duffryn (6241 to 6281) batches.

Edit: Having Googled images of the Bachmann wagons, I see that they are BRT branded which means that they are not the ESSO owned batches but hired in. Take a look at the first photo in this gallery:

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brttanks

You're a real star Giz!  So that's where the 59xx series comes from. I'll re-number them in that range. Thanks a lot.

John.