Great American railroad Journeys Series 3

melmerby

Tonight's programme in the west starting in Reno was great imho, the helicopter flight over the Sierra Nevadas was very spectacular as was the scenery generally. Next batch of episodes should be v good.

Geeky question, on the Virginia and Truckee heritage line was the green/yellow  centre cab loco a GE 44 tonner as modelled by Bachmann?

• RMweb Premium

Tonight's programme in the west starting in Reno was great imho, the helicopter flight over the Sierra Nevadas was very spectacular as was the scenery generally. Next batch of episodes should be v good.

I found it particularly interesting although I was a bit confused about the order of things

He seemed to travel from Truckee to Virginia City on the revived Short Line but after going elsewhere he ended up back in Truckee!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Well, really liked tonight's episode. Sacramento interesting, esp. the old buildings (pity the railway museum wasn't visited, but that would have taken a really long time to do it justice!)

I presume the Napa valley and wine train was filmed before the fires last year.

Tomorrow's episode in San Francisco should be a cracker!

You can tell I'm enjoying this series.

• RMweb Premium

Yes this series of American journeys seems particularly enjoyable . This week in California because I’ve been to most of the places in California , but also last week Boston to Toronto. Loved seeing the rapids at Ottawa. Really good program

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for link,good looking model. Think there was also an earlier version by Rivarossi possibly? I saw the last remaining cab forward loco in the museum in Sacramento, really massive. MP didn't visit the museum in his program where he visited Sacramento, although he's done quite well with preserved railways in these US series imho.