Keyser motor

B15nac

Hello

I've Got a old k's motor in one of my old engines it has run well but the motor seems to now not have much power is there anything I can try other Than Clean it an the brushes? I will attach a picture of what it looks like.

Kind regards Neil

post-15503-0-63549700-1516024162_thumb.jpg

These motors were far better than the later ones and providing you have the correct type of controller they are fine

I know that putting one of these magnets on the magnet of a Triang Hornby or HD R1 motor improves them no end, Bill am I guessing right that one magnet on each side will do the same trick with the K's motors ?

They were gutless wonders even when new, though very smooth and with flywheels and low gearing in K's Kits they ran very nicely but need a lot of amps and get hot when asked to actually pull trains.   Remagnetising would be good but the motors are glued together which can cause issues.   I fitted a Triang Dock shunter armature to one which livened it up no end but gluing it together again was a nightmare so maybe a few tiny super neo magnets would be an answer if you have room. They are about £5 for 50 on Ebay and I get mine free from scrap CD Drives.